Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
manofthecoldland

ACV Travel Item ( i.e. After Corv 19)

Recommended Posts

My old friend just made it back to the USA several days ago after his usual 6 month stay in the Visayas.

He writes that on the flts. MNL-Inchon, and Seoul- Seattle 99% were wearing face masks and the planes were half empty (I've never seen that... usually full to capacity).

When he got to Seattle he was surprised that no one was wearing a mask.

Locally here in Capiz, the wife said that yesterday the mayor wanted the trike drivers to go on stand-by, but everyone just ignored him because he's rich and doesn't understand how the poor people have to get their food and live. 

This is what I have been told, for what it is or isn't worth.  

  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your friend is correct about the masks from what I see. I've been out some here in the Seattle area and very very few are wearing masks. What we are told is that hand sanitation is paramount and stay home as much as possible. 

I hope everything goes well in Capiz and you guys have good health.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Locally here in Capiz, the wife said that yesterday the mayor wanted the trike drivers to go on stand-by, but everyone just ignored him because he's rich and doesn't understand how the poor people have to get their food and live. 

One of the family members drives a tricycle in Ozamiz.  The city there hasn't actually stopped tricycles from running but he said there are almost no passengers.

The 'rich people' are buying up all the rice and the poor people are staying at home and he made only 79 peso for a 12 hour shift and instead of their normal rice they're eating just 'vegetable'' (their words). 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When we're not using him, our trike man earns a living with his licensed trike. Last 2 mornings he stopped at a trike checkpoint.  They spray down the trike, including his handlebars and give him a squirt of hand sanitizer before sending him on his way.   

Not sure if they spray the money box/tray or its contents though. Guess I'll ask him later. 

Edited by manofthecoldland
typo
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

The 'rich people' are buying up all the rice and the poor people are staying at home and he made only 79 peso for a 12 hour shift and instead of their normal rice they're eating just 'vegetable'' (their words). 

Funny how rumors spread. Probably not true.:no:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Funny how rumors spread. Probably not true.:no:

I'm not sure I'd call a message from a family member a rumor, I know them well and they weren't asking for money.

They were saying they were ok because they own the tricycle and they had some small savings but their neighbour who rents his for 180 peso a day had made less than his rental cost for the last few days despite working the entire time within curfew hours (which is 12).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I'm not sure I'd call a message from a family member a rumor, I know them well and they weren't asking for money.

They were saying they were ok because they own the tricycle and they had some small savings but their neighbour who rents his for 180 peso a day had made less than his rental cost for the last few days despite working the entire time within curfew hours (which is 12).

Didn't think about it that way.:mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...