No new visas, others are canceled

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I don't quite understand this.  For instance, if you are already here, your visa is canceled?  As usual, very vague.  How does it tie into the other topic about not being required to extend until after the quarantine?

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/3/19/Philippines-DFA-considering-visa-issuance-suspension-Locsin-coronavirus-COVID.html

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't quite understand this.  For instance, if you are already here, your visa is canceled?

Also read the last line  Also I think what they are saying if you have not arrived yet then any Visa issued elsewhere is deemed cancelled. 

visa extend.png

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Also read the last line  Also I think what they are saying if you have not arrived yet then any Visa issued elsewhere is deemed cancelled. 

visa extend.png

I did miss that.  I was hoping that is what it meant.  If you haven't arrived yet, canceled.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

That is my understanding as well. If you are already here, that’s fine. 

• Like 2

softail
Posted
Posted

Am wondering if this also includes BB visa entry?

• Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, softail said:

Am wondering if this also includes BB visa entry?

I wouldn't have thought so. Spouses of Philippine citizens seem to be included in any 'right of entry' legislation I have seen. I doubt that would change. I think this latest change is directed at visas issued overseas, visa on arrival and visa free stays of 30 days issued on arrival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Huggybearman said:

I wouldn't have thought so. Spouses of Philippine citizens seem to be included in any 'right of entry' legislation I have seen. I doubt that would change. I think this latest change is directed at visas issued overseas, visa on arrival and visa free stays of 30 days issued on arrival.

Isn't a 'Balakbyan privledge' just a visa on arrival with a 1 year priviledge stamp?

I'm wondering if you'd be allowed to board at the country of origin... something along the lines of...

"No sir!  Philippines are not allowing visa on arrival for foreign citizen you cannot board"

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Isn't a 'Balakbyan privledge' just a visa on arrival with a 1 year priviledge stamp?

I'm wondering if you'd be allowed to board at the country of origin... something along the lines of...

"No sir!  Philippines are not allowing visa on arrival for foreign citizen you cannot board"

That is always the risk of course. And the BB privilege has a quite narrow definition. I am sure many of us who have availed of the BB privilege don’t really qualify for it. That is my understanding anyway.  

. Who are eligible under Balikbayan Program?

a. A Balikbayan, who may be either one of the following:

i.   A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year;

ii.  A Filipino overseas worker; 

iii. A former Filipino citizen and his family who had been naturalized in a foreign country and comes or returns to the Philippines. 

b. Immediate family members (spouse and children) of the Balikbayan, who are nationals of countries falling under EO 408, travelling together with the Balikbayan.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

The official notice below

Edited by Heeb

Heeb
Posted
Posted

90531754_656937628398260_8104616528936173568_n.jpg

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic