Maybe a week..... Depends if any mates pop round 

• Haha 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Singapore originally but made in the Philippines under licence :cheersty:

But I don't drink any more.:2245_safe:

Okay, so that's why it's cheap, I've only had the Singapore version.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

The pics are "broken", @Heeb.

I have three more kits but not enough fridge space! 

For some reason I couldn't right the pics. I was going to bottle this batch to save space in the fridge but Lazada stop delivering, I had a bottle capper on order. I sent a 55lb sack of maris otter and lots of Washington state hops in a balikbayan box before I left, I also had a couple packs of norwegian Kveik yeast that work best at high temps even up to 90F but forgot them in the fridge back home.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

The pics are "broken", @Heeb.

I have three more kits but not enough fridge space! 

What beer kits do you have? Are they clones? I wish I had brought some dark grains for a stout, I'll have to have my friend fill up another box at some point. I thought that there would be some microbreweries around subic when I decided to land here but there's notta, there's one Philippine brewer that has an IPA and imperial IPA in the royal store here but it's not good at all, tastes too fruity, I miss variety, pretty much lager or bust here unless you live near Makati or maybe in Cebu city

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.. Looks like the next balikbayan box I send to myself will have a lot of liquid love in it..just in case.👍😜

Mick
Posted
Posted

Might be time to make my own, back to Saudi days, in the pic, 5 gallons if white wine, 5 gallons of Cider..... And 5 gallons of Red Wine

Screenshot_20200322_093432.jpg

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Hmmm.. Looks like the next balikbayan box I send to myself will have a lot of liquid love in it..just in case.👍😜

By  time it gets here, the ban will likely be over!

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Here in Iloilo, the alcohol ban is in place as of yesterday. We weren't able to buy in the supermarket. Good news is I was able to buy 4 cases SM light from my local sari sari store - that will last me a month so I'm ok for now. I'm not sure if the wholesalers will sell to the sari sari stores - my guess is in the beginning they will but not indefinitely.

As for malls and shop closures - seems to be being followed albeit patchily. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mick said:

Might be time to make my own, back to Saudi days, in the pic, 5 gallons if white wine, 5 gallons of Cider..... And 5 gallons of Red Wine

Screenshot_20200322_093432.jpg

I remember my Saudi days well.. .arrive new in Saudi, go buy a large plastic garbage bin..then go buy Rauch, in the white or red grape juice variety. Buy sugar, and then find the yeast that you secreted on your person.

Mix and stir daily and after 14 days you have something thats alcoholic but in my case tasted not great.. but with 7Up added was acceptable.

I thought my production quality was really bad till I tasted some friends. Theres' was for  want of a better word, totally shit.

Had to throw all mibe away when we had word that one day the mutawa ( religious police ) were coming to search our housing compound. They never came and so our drains smelled of fermenting wine for a good few days.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Heeb said:

What beer kits do you have? Are they clones?

They're from Northern Brewer, online. I have two IPAs: Chinook, Dead Ringer (which is a clone for Bell's Two Hearted Ale), and a blonde ale 'Cashmere Blond'. They're all primarily LME. I don't have the wherewithal to do all-grain.

18 hours ago, Heeb said:

I wish I had brought some dark grains for a stout

You can get grains and supplies from BrewHa Brewshop on Facebook. They're in Tagaytay. They have a selection of malts, hops, yeasts and equipment. They will measure out to your recipe and crack the malt for you. I bought my first fermentation vessel from him/them before they went into business. I don't know how the lockdown affects their delivery.

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1