Thank you Beer Gods

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I have my secret sari sari store that serves alcohol, and a mini brewery that makes IPA craft beer. hik. :cheersty: Had my DRY month in March.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was just informed today that the local sari sari stores are sold out... Shittt!!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

I hope it doesn't come to this, but just in case....

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/how-to-make-prison-wine-how-to-make-pruno

Bwahahahahaha!!! Yep... beats the alternative of no booze at all... sort of...maybe...

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AusExpat said:

I hope it doesn't come to this, but just in case....

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/how-to-make-prison-wine-how-to-make-pruno

I made some apple wine from apple juice, the 1.7 liter plastic bottles. Taste crap but it does the job, just add yeast and 2 cups of sugar to the juice and shake, leave for a month or 2 or till finished fermenting.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Our alcohol ban was lifted yesterday -yayyy!

It was reimposed this morning - nayyyy!

Apparently too many drunks, too many parties etc etc - who'd have guessed!

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

I wish we had a place like that in San Mariano, I can't get any booze round here and we can't go out anywhere with out a pass, no walking down the road, no bars open and just 1 shopping trip a week when we get a pass. I am to an extent a winner out of all this as limited shopping for my wife & no booze, I am saving so much money if this goes on for 6 months I could end:cryingwhilelaughing_anim: a MILLIONAIRE 

There is nothing open in Cebu at the moment and no selling alcohol. That picture was before the ECQ. Same in most places one must have a pass. In your case being over 65 you should check if your allowed out at all. Most supermarkets wont let you in, in many areas as curfew for below 18 and over 65 which are not allowed out at all but different areas have different rules. Beats me why they dont have everything the same.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Beats me why they dont have everything the same.

I'd like to think it's because the infection rates vary from place to place but...

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Judging by the quality of karaoke coming out of our neighboring street today I'm going to hazard a guess the the alcohol ban isn't working too well.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/22/2020 at 6:18 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

There is nothing open in Cebu at the moment and no selling alcohol. That picture was before the ECQ. Same in most places one must have a pass. In your case being over 65 you should check if your allowed out at all. Most supermarkets wont let you in, in many areas as curfew for below 18 and over 65 which are not allowed out at all but different areas have different rules. Beats me why they dont have everything the same.

This mornings Star stated that even after the extension, No one under 21 or over 60 will be allowed out. I sneak out once in awhile. The Jollibee drive thru is still open, and the Chooks Chicken place too. Venders are still selling fruit. Mercury drugs limits the amount of milk that you can buy. It's gonna take awhile before thing get back to what we are used to.:sad: