Health Alert: Sweeper Flights Available Today in Siargao

Jack D
Posted
Posted

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (March 22, 2020)

Siargao, Philippines

Event: 

Sweeper Flights are available today from Siargao.  The U.S. Embassy has been advised by the Philippine Department of Tourism that the following flights are available today:

Air Philippines

86 seats 

March 22, 2020

Depart Clark 10am

Arrive Siargao 12:05 pm

Depart Siargao 12:25pm

Arrive Clark 2:25pm

March 22, 2020

Depart Clark 11am

Arrive Siargao 1:05pm

Depart Siargao 1:25pm

Arrive Clark 3:25pm

Actions to Take:

U.S. citizens wishing to take these flights should areach out to the airlines directly and immediately.  U.S. citizens wishing to take adavantage of these flights should then go the following link and send their complete name, exact location and desired destination:

https://www.facebook.com/DepartmentOfTourism/

Go straight to the Messenger icon to post the above information. 

Please check for the U.S. Embassy's Philippines COVID-19 information here.

Please consult the NAIA Airport facebook page here for more information about flights.  For today's information, please click here.

Please consult resources below as necessary:

Philippine Department of Health (DOH)

Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)

Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)

Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)

Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)

Philippine Maritime Industry Authority

Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs

Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government

Philippine Department of Tourism 

COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov

CDC page on COVID-19

Philippines Travel Advisory

Philippines Country Information Page

Assistance:

·        U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
+63 (2) 5301-2000

·         ACSInfoManila@state.gov

·         State Department – Consular Affairs 
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

·         Philippines Country Information

·         Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates

·         Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

• Hmm thinking 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

That’s very good. Much more than the useless British government are doing to help their citizens.

However, if I may make just one comment. Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick. This was posted at around midday today. Unless it has been advised previously to US citizens, it doesn’t leave much time to arrange oneself to get yourself on the list and get to the airport. Just about 25 minutes for the first flight and 85 minutes for the second one. I would have thought a minimum of 24 hours notice would have been more appropriate.

But as I say, it’s a lot more than the British government seem to be doing!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

That’s very good. Much more than the useless British government are doing to help their citizens.

However, if I may make just one comment. Forgive me if I have got the wrong end of the stick. This was posted at around midday today. Unless it has been advised previously to US citizens, it doesn’t leave much time to arrange oneself to get yourself on the list and get to the airport. Just about 25 minutes for the first flight and 85 minutes for the second one. I would have thought a minimum of 24 hours notice would have been more appropriate.

But as I say, it’s a lot more than the British government seem to be doing!

Maybe the British Govt. think we're better off where we are now?  I for one would choose to remain where I am even if such a flight was available.  

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Maybe the British Govt. think we're better off where we are now?  I for one would choose to remain where I am even if such a flight was available.  

Yes, I agree. I am thinking of the 400 UK tourists stranded in Peru. On the BBC news this morning it seems the UK government were aware of this impending problem about five days ago but chose to delay making any decision. Now that Peru have closed its borders yesterday and shut the airport to international flights, such a rescue flight is no longer possible, apparently. The tourists now face an indeterminate wait until the country opens up again. I am sure the UK government won’t pick up the tab for their accommodation and health care. I hope their insurance will. I guess that is what the government are banking on!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Given the passage of the UK Coronavirus bill, maybe those tourists are better off staying in Peru....

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, Jack D said:

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (March 22, 2020)

Siargao, Philippines

Event: 

Sweeper Flights are available today from Siargao.  The U.S. Embassy has been advised by the Philippine Department of Tourism that the following flights are available today:

Air Philippines

86 seats 

March 22, 2020

Depart Clark 10am

Arrive Siargao 12:05 pm

Depart Siargao 12:25pm

Arrive Clark 2:25pm

March 22, 2020

Depart Clark 11am

Arrive Siargao 1:05pm

Depart Siargao 1:25pm

Arrive Clark 3:25pm

Actions to Take:

U.S. citizens wishing to take these flights should areach out to the airlines directly and immediately.  U.S. citizens wishing to take adavantage of these flights should then go the following link and send their complete name, exact location and desired destination:

https://www.facebook.com/DepartmentOfTourism/

Go straight to the Messenger icon to post the above information. 

Please check for the U.S. Embassy's Philippines COVID-19 information here.

Please consult the NAIA Airport facebook page here for more information about flights.  For today's information, please click here.

Please consult resources below as necessary:

Philippine Department of Health (DOH)

Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)

Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)

Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)

Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB)

Philippine Maritime Industry Authority

Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs

Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government

Philippine Department of Tourism 

COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov

CDC page on COVID-19

Philippines Travel Advisory

Philippines Country Information Page

Assistance:

·        U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
+63 (2) 5301-2000

·         ACSInfoManila@state.gov

·         State Department – Consular Affairs 
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444

·         Philippines Country Information

·         Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates

·         Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Standard info, but thanks.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Huggybearman said:

Yes, I agree. I am thinking of the 400 UK tourists stranded in Peru. On the BBC news this morning it seems the UK government were aware of this impending problem about five days ago but chose to delay making any decision. Now that Peru have closed its borders yesterday and shut the airport to international flights, such a rescue flight is no longer possible, apparently. The tourists now face an indeterminate wait until the country opens up again. I am sure the UK government won’t pick up the tab for their accommodation and health care. I hope their insurance will. I guess that is what the government are banking on!

Vacations, traveling to a foreign country. Just join the Navy.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I for one am very pleased to be in the Philippines for a 6 month trial before moving here to retire, as far as the UK is concerned its the same old problem " Too little too late " now they have a monster of a problem and I feel so much safer here and will not return to the UK until they have defeated this Corona virus which is totally out of control in over there at the moment. I am totally sick & tired of the way the UK government pisses about & can't organise a piss up in a brewery, you only have to look at Brexit what a joke !! I thought we had shown the world how to govern a country and a lot copied us back then & now we have totally lost the plot, its a disgrace & so embarrassing to be English !!:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103): We might just as well go on the booze here in the lovely sun:cheersty:shine 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic