Lockdown.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Week and a half now. We are not allowed to leave our subdiv unless we are buying food or necessary supplies. Only one person from the family is allowed out with a Barangay pass. That's my GF. I am not effected that much because I used to just go out for a daily drive. My 14 year old son is getting a little loopy though cuz he's used to having friends over. :mellow:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Life for me has not changed much 40 miles south of cebu city. Feel bad for all of the out of work Filipinos. Hard to be out of work when you only make enough to feed your family every day.

The tricycle drivers around here are hard hit. No passengers, no money to feed their family's. Vicious circle.  

• Sad 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

The tricycle drivers around here are hard hit. No passengers, no money to feed their family's. Vicious circle.  

And in many cases boundary either.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I can see a lockdown covering the whole of England being implemented very soon, the amount of folk still going out to the seaside or into the countryside at the weekend was so stupid, yes you have to get some sort of exercise but walking down the streets side by side with loads of other folk, sitting on the beaches together and queues in shops and pubs , so so stupid.

Yes I was out the other day and it was great but honestly I must have passed 20 people in the 4 hours we was out and then you made sure we was well clear from each other .

Its funny when you still see the youth of today messing around outside like nothing is happening, yet a few months ago these same folk was blaming the older generations for ruining there futures , I must add not all youths are doing this .

I am worried and frightened too of what may happen even though my household is doing what we think is right by keeping away from others .

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Yes I was out the other day and it was great but honestly I must have passed 20 people in the 4 hours we was out and then you made sure we was well clear from each other .

Not having a go Steve, but isn't this why a lockdown is going to be needed? 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not having a go Steve, but isn't this why a lockdown is going to be needed? 

You are right, we was advised to still go out and exercise but be at lease 2 meters apart from other folk which we do but it’s hard when you are in a shop but we wear face masks doing that, but watching what happened over the weekend it looks like that will be stopped , thank good we have a nice garden to sit it.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The lockdown here has meant instead of the normal 2-3 guys fishing in the bay its now 20 or more !

Tricycle drivers are warned not to flout the rules if they do they will be fined and their tricycles taken from them ! And we are now not able to travel from Barangay to Barangay ! only for basic food and medicines 1 person per household .  Yes i feel sorry for the poor the Barangay has plenty of sacks of rice and noodles,coffee etc i wonder if any will come our way i think not.

• Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just been out for some bits and bobs to the shop Aldi and guess what they have everything on there shelves, loo rolls cleaning items , biscuits, sweets , tins of everything infact the only difference was there was signs saying only so many items could be brought of the same item .

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic