Lockdown.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Lockdown.

Marshall Law by another name :whistling:

Mindanao has been under Philippines Martial law for almost 2 years now, honestly it doesn't really make much difference to day to day living.

It's not like living in an occupied country, it's just a few guys at a few check points who wave you through in the car and check the license and registration of the motorbikes.

Edited by GeoffH

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

At last common sense reigns, Yes I know it's rare but the President has decreed that he is the boss and what he says goes, no more local rules, everyone will follow National guidelines regardless what your senator of mayor decides.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It's not like living in an occupied country,

Geoff, with the greatest respect you are not here at this time to experience what is going on :smile:

• Hmm thinking 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

At last common sense reigns, Yes I know it's rare but the President has decreed that he is the boss and what he says goes, no more local rules, everyone will follow National guidelines regardless what your senator of mayor decides.

You have a reference on the National guidelines versus what the mayor says.  Lockdown here in Samar... only one person per household may go out and shop for food... and there's a time limit on that.  Everyone else stays in the compound... period.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Martial law in Mindanao was pretty unpleasant 2 years ago when it started  but as the soldiers and police got used to it things calmed down a lot.  My guess is that over time a similar thing will happen now.  People simply aren’t able to stay on ‘high alert’ for months at a time and it becomes just another job after a while.

And yes I’m not there right now but the general principle is valid IMO.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Geoff, with the greatest respect you are not here at this time to experience what is going on :smile:

LIke AK, Thinking it is NOT doing it. For me just now, I have a 50 meter walk  allowed from My House 3 times a day. as I said  Quarantine, just now is Martial law under another name. I guess you can't get back here just now But if you were you  here you would not be adding a think to posts and Geoff we have only 2 PIU's at this time on Negros..

• Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jack, with all due respect, GeoffH may not be here currently, but I do live in CDO and it is exactly as he describes. I travel through one of these checkpoints almost every day. Whether that changes in the near future only time will tell

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Huggybearman said:

Jack, with all due respect, GeoffH may not be here currently, but I do live in CDO and it is exactly as he describes. I travel through one of these checkpoints almost every day. Whether that changes in the near future only time will tell.

Then get over to other Islands if you can and see for yourself, of course you can't BUT what you are talking about before you Could Now, You can't Go Figure

• Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Then get over to other Islands if you can and see for yourself, of course you can't BUT what you are talking about before you Could Now, You can't Go Figure

I am sure that other places do it differently. I guess the trouble with Marshall law is that it has been going on for quite a long time now, and complacency sets in.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Huggybearman said:

I am sure that other places do it differently. I guess the trouble with Marshall law is that it has been going on for quite a long time now, and complacency sets in.

:whatever: Say no more and I rest my Point.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic