ShippingCart Sea Cargo US Suspension

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

ShippingCart.com is down to air shipping only from the US. See the site for more info on waived storage fees and etc.

"It is with much sadness that we announce a temporary suspension of Sea Cargo shipments out of the ShippingCart US warehouse effective March 21, 2020. While shipping and logistics services are exempted from the Shelter-in-Place order, challenges on the ground make it difficult for us to continue Sea Cargo loading operations at this point. The Shelter-in-Place order in California is in effect until April 7, and we shall assess and make an announcement if we can start accepting Sea Cargo shipments by then.

Air Cargo shipments from the US will still continue unhampered. ShippingCart UK service for both Sea and Air Cargo are still in full operation."

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

ShippingCart.com is down to air shipping only from the US. See the site for more info on waived storage fees and etc.

I used that service once. It was way to expensive for me. Just getting 3 books was 80 USD. That was air freight though, didn't try the sea service.:mellow: 

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I used that service once. It was way to expensive for me. Just getting 3 books was 80 USD. That was air freight though, didn't try the sea service.:mellow: 

I've used the sea service mostly, which has never arrived near their delivery estimate but has never been lost, either. We didn't want to keep pestering our Filipino friends to make BB boxes for us. I only use it for things I cannot find here in Davao.

Air freight is crazy expensive but as has been said here before, if it's something light and you really need it, it's okay.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have a BB box on a boat now (not from shipping cart)...  the boat is (was?) supposed to get to Manila 2APR.  I know cargo is supposed to keep going, but I can't help but wonder how long it will take to get to Iloilo, or if it just gets lost. 

• Hmm thinking 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

I've used the sea service mostly, which has never arrived near their delivery estimate but has never been lost, either. We didn't want to keep pestering our Filipino friends to make BB boxes for us. I only use it for things I cannot find here in Davao.

Air freight is crazy expensive but as has been said here before, if it's something light and you really need it, it's okay.

Don't want to get nosy but if you don't mind, what kinds of thing do you ship that you can't get here?:wave:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have a BB box on a boat now (not from shipping cart)...  the boat is (was?) supposed to get to Manila 2APR.  I know cargo is supposed to keep going, but I can't help but wonder how long it will take to get to Iloilo, or if it just gets lost. 

In 2002 when I first moved here it took about 30 to 40 days. Door to door service. Haven't done it since then so I have no clue. 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

AK, for books try this link below.  They have free shipping worldwide and the prices are not bad at all.  I've ordered two times now without an issue. 

https://www.bookdepository.com/

• Love it 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Don't want to get nosy but if you don't mind, what kinds of thing do you ship that you can't get here?:wave:

Hanes makes a light shirt in 2XL that I like ($6!). Since I wear them every day, I replace them once in a while. M likes a certain brand of leggins. In the box that's on the way I have coffee (because S&R runs out of the kind we like), ancho chili powder, large-sized containers of cat treats (cheaper  in the long run), two pairs of New Balance sneakers (styles unavailable here), snap lights and a few other things.

We don't really buy that much which is another reason we started using a shipper. It was taking far too long to fill a BB box.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

For me, underwear in US sizes. A new computer, at a fair price & good specs. That is about it, but enough  to get a box going. 

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Hanes makes a light shirt in 2XL that I like ($6!). Since I wear them every day, I replace them once in a while. M likes a certain brand of leggins. In the box that's on the way I have coffee (because S&R runs out of the kind we like), ancho chili powder, large-sized containers of cat treats (cheaper  in the long run), two pairs of New Balance sneakers (styles unavailable here), snap lights and a few other things.

We don't really buy that much which is another reason we started using a shipper. It was taking far too long to fill a BB box.

I buy the Kirkland coffee at S&R. Not because it's cheaper than Folgers or the other name brands. I just like the taste. What's the cost of a BB box? Shipped? Sorry..nosy again.