ShippingCart Sea Cargo US Suspension

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I buy the Kirkland coffee at S&R. Not because it's cheaper than Folgers or the other name brands. I just like the taste. What's the cost of a BB box? Shipped? Sorry..nosy again. 

Kirkland is our backup coffee. We usually buy Seattle's Best Coffee. Walmart in the US had, I think, four bags that came to the same weight as two bags of the SBC in S&R for less than what we buy it here for. I didn't divide the shipping into it but we were shipping other things as well, so I figured I'd throw in the coffee at a slightly better price. We probably spent the same for the coffee but, like I said, S&R runs out of SBC all of the time.

As for the costs, @OnMyWay started a good thread here on ShippingCart: https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/29045-shippingcartcom/

Basically, the sea cargo is charged by dimension and the air cargo by actual weight.

The last sea box that we shipped had 12 items and was $28. In 2019, we air shipped 7 items once for $31.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

ShippingCart.com has now also suspended sea shipments from the UK. 

More information can be had at: https://www.shippingcart.com/sea-cargo-suspension.

• 3 weeks later...
JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We received a text message from ShippingCart last night saying that shipping from the US was back. As of now (still 6:30AM in California), the website is still saying shipping from the US and UK is suspended but that they are still accepting packages and will provide free storage until shipping starts again. :whatever:

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The ShippingCart website has now caught up with their Department Of Hopeful Texts and is reporting that US sea shipping is back.

See: https://www.shippingcart.com/sea-cargo-suspension

As an aside: their tracking has improved a great deal with the addition of the LBC tracking number on account Shipments pages. They now show intermediate stops. For instance: our account Shipments page informs us that our ship has arrived in Korea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I buy a lot of my art supplies from US via Amazon because of selection and price.  Everything I have looked at recently is "Not available for shipping to Philippines".  This was never a problem in the past so I am sure it is because of the pandemic.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I thought everything was suspended, I had Lasada and Amazon orders in from before the lockdown and they were never delivered.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

I thought everything was suspended, I had Lasada and Amazon orders in from before the lockdown and they were never delivered.

Same here.  Lazada advised that any orders that were COD would be delivered later.  For other payment types I don't know but I suspect not much is moving anywhere.  

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Heeb said:

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Same here.  Lazada advised that any orders that were COD would be delivered later.  For other payment types I don't know but I suspect not much is moving anywhere.  

It may be down to where you are and who is delivering. ShippingCart has a list of areas and buildings to which they cannot deliver.

It's probably also the case that LBC, who delivers for ShippingCart, will, for instance, be allowed to take their cargo out of the NCR and be allowed to cross into the Davao regional quarantine area to drop their cargo at the LBC office but then not be allowed to deliver to homes due to the quarantine here.

Apparently, they're back to shipping to the Philippines but once here...who knows?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Apparently, they're back to shipping to the Philippines but once here...who knows?

Lazada appears to be active again. A few days ago anything I looked at was listed as out of stock.

Yesterday I was able to place orders for masks and gloves. The "expected" delivery date shown was May 1-8. We'll see what happens. There were no restrictions shown on my shopping cart or on the placed order.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

Since the Enhanced Community Quarantine has been extended here in Davao until at least April 26, nothing will come in via air or sea. I was not aware that the Enhanced state restricted cargo but apparently it does. 

EDIT: "Mayor Inday said under the extended ECQ, the borders of the city will remain closed to traffic, except for vital cargoes and emergencies.

This means that even the airport will remain closed, along with the seaports."

http://byahengdo30.com/local-government/ecq-extended-in-davao-region-and-davao-city

Edited by JDDavao
  • Thanks 1