New Visa

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

Since Morente is Commissioner for the entire BI and not just for Luzon and since in my province which I can't leave due to the lockdown and there isn't a BI where I can renew I am going to take the chance that it is now for the entire Philippines now we are almost all in enhanced community lockdown.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Since Morente is Commissioner for the entire BI and not just for Luzon and since in my province which I can't leave due to the lockdown and there isn't a BI where I can renew I am going to take the chance that it is now for the entire Philippines now we are almost all in enhanced community lockdown.

That would make sense but...

The communication specifically states Luzon, and does not say anything about other regions that I can see.  A reasonable person would say that it would apply to any area with similar lockdowns but we know how it can be here.  

peterfe
Posted
Posted

What about sending an email to the BI and asking what the situation is for the many foreigners who live outside Luzon and whose nearest BI office is open (unlike Luzon) but are under lockdown?

Some people will need to renew their ACR card too, and under normal circumstances having an expired ACR card might be more serious than being late in renewing your visa. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, peterfe said:

What about sending an email to the BI and asking what the situation is for the many foreigners who live outside Luzon and whose nearest BI office is open (unlike Luzon) but are under lockdown?

Some people will need to renew their ACR card too, and under normal circumstances having an expired ACR card might be more serious than being late in renewing your visa. 

If it were me, that's what I'd do - or call them. 

I often say to my wife that it's better to ask forgiveness than permission - dealing with the BI is the exception to that!  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

What a great idea, thanks for that, next time I need a visa I will get an agent to do , do they come to your residence and pick your passport up and return to you.

I pay $1500 and they pick up and deliver.  You can find a travel agent who will probably do it and I dont think who I use will go to Mactan.  Ofcourse you pay whatever the BI fees are. Best to get 2 or 6 month extension. 

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

If it were me, that's what I'd do - or call them. 

I often say to my wife that it's better to ask forgiveness than permission - dealing with the BI is the exception to that!  

Call which office?  Main? Do you think they have someone answering the phones on a skeletal staffing? 

Got an email address for someone high enough in the BI in the main office to give a valid answer that will be applicable to every region?

In the mean time, since you cannot extend you visa online and there is no BI office in my province and since my province is in extensive community lockdown where I can't even leave my city, I'm not going to worry about my visa.  

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Call which office?  Main? Do you think they have someone answering the phones on a skeletal staffing? 

I have asked the question on their Facebook messenger. Probably wont get a reply today.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

In the mean time, since you cannot extend you visa online and there is no BI office in my province and since my province is in extensive community lockdown where I can't even leave my city, I'm not going to worry about my visa.  

In which case you've answered all your own questions.

You can only do what you can do in these times and hope common sense prevails when it all shakes out.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

common sense

In Philippines, HK? Bwahahahahahaha Sorry... the devil made me do that...

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

In Philippines, HK? Bwahahahahahaha Sorry... the devil made me do that...

Tom, selective quoting there - I said " hope common sense prevails"

• Haha 1