Virus.....Next Year????

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

As us Yanks say. No-one has mentioned the Elephant in the room. What happens next year?

china is starting to reopen, South Korea the virus is starting to burn out. Germany seems to start slowing down. The hinterlands of the US are relatively virus free. So the world will beat this in time.

But what happens next year when this thing mutates a little like viruses do? Yes a vaccine will be developed, but the whole world population will not get it.

So...…………...Do tourist destinations automatically shut down during flu season? Will waitresses wear masks from this point forward?  (that would be a bummer lol) Does Australia close their borders for 6 months of the year? Do we keep a face mask next to the car keys from this day forward? If we get a massage do we need to bring our own pillow? 

I don't know why I do this to myself :571c66d400c8c_1(103): :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Next year , I can’t get my head around this year just yet.

I am getting older , I am getting fitter but I am getting more worried about what IF.

But if all goes well and in a few months life is back to some sort of normality Spain will be high on my list of things to try out and live there a few months.

And like you say ,a few face masks and plastic gloves in the car and wet wipes too.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The world survived swine flu, bird flu and who knows what so eventually things will get somewhere back to normal except for tourism which I think will be stuffed for years.  But the economy will be so stuffed that no one will be thinking about travel anyway.

Stay tuned for next years excitement.

Rain forecast all over the Philippines today so that will bring a bit more coughs and runny nose so expect to be locked up for months. 

• Like 3

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Since we are just skipping stones, I'll add...

I think a cure for this virus will be distributed in a few weeks time, and it will knock down the panic.  Life will return to 'normal'.  HOWever..... I think the powers that be, various evil forces, have discovered a new tool in their toolbox.  Virus pandemic looks like a great way to erode personal freedoms, claim more powers for the state, push digital currency, push their vaccine agenda...

You say it may mutate, but I think its darker than that.  I think they LOOK for these things, and try to make them more deadly in labs.  Then "oops it escaped".  So I don't see a bright future in it at all.  This round serves as a wake up call, and I for one will be a lot more prepared next time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

comorbidities

Nice word Geoff...:smile:

Oft times when you post, I feel like I am back in a university class. And I mean that only in a good way! :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Nice word Geoff...:smile:

Oft times when you post, I feel like I am back in a university class. And I mean that only in a good way! :tiphat:

And here I was thinking I was doing such a good job of hiding that I had a maths/science based education :whistling:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jack D
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I think the powers that be, various evil forces, have discovered a new tool in their toolbox.  Virus pandemic looks like a great way to erode personal freedoms, claim more powers for the state, push digital currency, push their vaccine agenda...

You say it may mutate, but I think its darker than that.  I think they LOOK for these things, and try to make them more deadly in labs.  Then "oops it escaped".  So I don't see a bright future in it at all.  This round serves as a wake up call, and I for one will be a lot more prepared next time.  

Somehow, this is all starting to sound more and more like the plot in the movie, 'V is for Vendetta,' as described in the following scene:

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

My guess (and that's all it can be now) is that over time as the population gradually acquires herd immunity, both via a future vaccine and people who've had the virus and recovered, that this will come to be treated like a more serious version of the flu.  Older people and people with comorbidities and immune deficiency will have to get a vaccine booster periodically with the  latest strains in a similar way to the way we do with the flu.

But international travel will take a long time to recover to anything close to the levels we're seeing now, people will be spooked.  Expect flights to be more expensive, less available, borders to be more difficult to cross and foreigners less welcome.  The world will become more... insular.

Well that's my 2 cents guess anyway.

Along those lines, how long before airlines or governments will require a medical clearance to travel?  Maybe a customer will have to aquire a medical examination clearance within 48 hours of flying.:89:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Along those lines, how long before airlines or governments will require a medical clearance to travel?  Maybe a customer will have to aquire a medical examination clearance within 48 hours of flying.:89:

I think this document (or something similar) will become very common once a vaccine for Covid-19 is in common use.

There is another page I didn't take a photo of for standard vaccines like the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella vaccine) and TB which are generally administered to entire populations.  The front page is for optional vaccinations.

2E63EBF6-56B7-4EDC-95AE-7C74514B648C.jpeg

9828FB49-8783-4D14-B9E7-86B988B99511.jpeg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2