Virus.....Next Year????

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

It started in Kansas USA , a farm worker picked up a strain of flu from a domestic fowl 

That makes a nice story but the History Channel says:

While it’s unlikely that the “Spanish Flu” originated in Spain, scientists are still unsure of its source. France, China and Britain have all been suggested as the potential birthplace of the virus, as has the United States, where the first known case was reported at a military base in Kansas on March 11, 1918. Researchers have also conducted extensive studies on the remains of victims of the pandemic, but they have yet to discover why the strain that ravaged the world in 1918 was so lethal.

Perhaps the program you watched called upon their artistic license, or perhaps they have new information that others do not have.  Perhaps the illness came from Ancient Aliens and now that I have mentioned it, there will undoubtedly be a documentary on that aspect. :shooter:

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Bastonjock didn't say what program he watched, but how do we know it was any less authoritative than History Channel?  They are well known to take their own artistic license.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Bastonjock didn't say what program he watched, but how do we know it was any less authoritative than History Channel?  They are well known to take their own artistic license.  

We don't.  What is your point?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, roddavis said:

Problem is once the government takes control(martial law, curfews....etc), when the problems quiet down, seem very reluctant to let go of the power...IMHO

I'm not so sure given the huge economic impact of the current lockdowns - why would a government choose to continue that longer than necessary without any good reason?  I cannot see any political advantage in doing so.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We don't.  What is your point?

Just that you seemed to think the History Channel settled the point, unless I misunderstood you.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Just that you seemed to think the History Channel settled the point, unless I misunderstood you.  

It seems I did not make post understandable.

I was trying to make the point that many tv (or online) documentaries are unreliable as the sole source of inforation.

My comment on Ancient Aliens was meant to illustrate that the History Channel is just as bad.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It seems I did not make post understandable.

I was trying to make the point that many tv (or online) documentaries are unreliable as the sole source of inforation.

My comment on Ancient Aliens was meant to illustrate that the History Channel is just as bad.

A&E reality shows are all reliable because they are reality. Right? :Happy:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Do you get some (perhaps a lot) of your "news" from Breitbart?   :whistling:

Heeb
Posted
Posted

There is also strong evidence that the Spanish flu started in China but they really don't know for sure.

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

There is also strong evidence that the Spanish flu started in China but they really don't know for sure.

Another for the History Channel. The Spanish Flu didn't start in Spain. Heard it was started in Kansas by a farmer that got it somehow from deep soil. Then joined the military as a cook and contaminated a group of soldiers that went to England! Well if it did start in China. then it won't last long! HeHe!  

• Like 2