Jump to content
Old55

Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

Recommended Posts

My mother in law mid 70's arrived at Robinson's Tabunok to grocery shop at noon. Refused entry for her own safety. Seniors are now quarantined. I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death. Who makes this stuff up? My Niece drove her but Mama has the ATM card so they had to go to Talisay market.

Morons!

  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My mother in law mid 70's arrived at Robinson's Tabunok to grocery shop at noon. Refused entry for her own safety. Seniors are now quarantined. I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death. Who makes this stuff up? My Niece drove her but Mama has the ATM card so they had to go to Talisay market.

Morons!

Trying to see both sides of things - Not so different to what is being mused on the UK, perhaps even less severe. Perhaps it is recognised here that the vast majority of seniors either live with family or have family members nearby so not so Draconian on the face of it.  

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks HK. What you say is true I appreciate your comment. I'm just worried about my family members over there. They are sharing the hardships going on now although none are asking help they are struggling with the lockdown. I also see the necessity of it. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Thanks HK. What you say is true I appreciate your comment. I'm just worried about my family members over there. They are sharing the hardships going on now although none are asking help they are struggling with the lockdown. I also see the necessity of it. 

 

Likewise.  I'm glad you took it in the spirit it was intended Old55! 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

My mother in law mid 70's arrived at Robinson's Tabunok to grocery shop at noon. Refused entry for her own safety. Seniors are now quarantined. I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death. Who makes this stuff up? My Niece drove her but Mama has the ATM card so they had to go to Talisay market.

Morons!

Seniors should stay home..period. Unless they have a death wish. Keep up with the news. Seniors are more susceptible to the virus than anyone else. Refusing entry was most likely what the guards were instructed to do. If people don't follow the guidelines that their own govn't sets forth.. ???:Count_Sheep:  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

My mother in law mid 70's arrived at Robinson's Tabunok to grocery shop at noon. Refused entry for her own safety. Seniors are now quarantined. I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death. Who makes this stuff up? My Niece drove her but Mama has the ATM card so they had to go to Talisay market.

Morons!

In NEW VISA topic I started I stated the same thing happened to me yesterday. Went to Island Mall Supermarket and was told over 65's are refused entry, the guard was quite adamant to refuse me entry. Reading the new laws it's seems to say over 65's are under 24 hour curfew so just sit at home and slowly starve, die or drink yourself to death, your choice. As Jake would say more Pun in the Philipinne

Just to add there is a notice at the entrance to say anyone upto 18 y.o. and over 65 y.o. will be refused entry.

Edited by frosty (chris)
add
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

Just to add there is a notice at the entrance to say anyone upto 18 y.o. and over 65 y.o. will be refused entry.

Because they are under 24 hour a day curfew and are not meant to be out to even read the signs. In Lupu 82 people were arrested and fined P1000 each. Bacolod had over 700 arrests.

PS. You dont have to extend your Visa until up to 30 days after the quarantine is lifted no matter when it is due. No fines as long as its brought up to date before the 30 days is up.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/296257/lapu-lapu-cops-arrest-82-curfew-violators

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Because they are under 24 hour a day curfew and are not meant to be out to even read the signs. In Lupu 82 people were arrested and fined P1000 each. Bacolod had over 700 arrests.

PS. You dont have to extend your Visa until up to 30 days after the quarantine is lifted no matter when it is due. No fines as long as its brought up to date before the 30 days is up.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/296257/lapu-lapu-cops-arrest-82-curfew-violators

Hey JGF, do you have a reference on the 30 days to extend. I've been on the BI website but couldn't find a reference to the extensions. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

Hey JGF, do you have a reference on the 30 days to extend. I've been on the BI website but couldn't find a reference to the extensions. Thanks!

I posted it in one of these virus topics but so many of them I dont know which but I will find.

ADDED

It might have only been for Luzon but I thought I read somewhere for all of the Philippines but since in a day we in Cebu will be on the same lock down as Luzon I expect the same thing will happen with extensions. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Apparently 4500 tourists were kicked out of hotels in Luzon when their bookings ended.

From Inquirer.net

4,500 foreigners thrown out by hotels due to Luzon quarantine

MANILA, Philippines — Some 4,500 foreign tourists were “kicked out” of hotels and ended up sleeping in the open since the government declared a Luzon-wide lockdown last week and restricted all travels due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Locsin calls Robredo ‘boba' over comment on diplomatic passport cancellation
Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. (Photo by BEN STANSALL / AFP)-file

The deputy head of the European Union delegation to the Philippines, Thomas Wiersing, on Tuesday called the attention of Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. to the plight of about 4,500 foreign tourists “stranded in the Philippines” because they could not book any flights home.
 

Locsin readily took to Twitter to rant against hotels that locked out their foreign guests.

“Met EU CDA (Charge d’Affaires) Thomas Wiersing who delivered the bad news that foreign tourists are sleeping in open air w/o shelter or roof over their heads because their hotels kicked [them] out once their bookings end, even if they fail to book domestic flights out,” Locsin tweeted.

 

Blacklist hotels
Even those who are pregnant or have medical conditions are not being given consideration, Locsin said, adding that he would call on the Department of Tourism (DOT) to blacklist the hotels that kicked out foreign guests.

The stranded tourists are from the EU, which has 27 member-countries, Argentina, Australia, Canada, Norway, South Korea, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

 

Locsin said the EU envoy asked the government to increase the frequency of domestic flights or sea transport from the islands to international ports, and to allow them to get shelter if there was no flight “out of plain human decency.”

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1247905/4500-foreigners-thrown-out-by-hotels

 

JGF, thanks for editing it to a more sensible format. 


 

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...