Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

Apparently 4500 tourists were kicked out of hotels in Luzon when their bookings ended

15 hours ago, Old55 said:

I guess if you are a senior you just starve to death.

In my 26 years exposed to the Filipino culture and going on 8 years living here, I can make this "general observation".

Filipinos in general are not very good at "thinking outside the box", taking initiative or accepting personal responsibility 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

In my 26 years exposed to the Filipino culture and going on 8 years living here, I can make this "general observation".

Filipinos in general are not very good at "thinking outside the box", taking initiative or accepting personal responsibility 

I was looking through a list of Executive Orders and directives issued by various government offices. It is amazing just how many ‘Clarifications’ to previous edicts have to be issued because no one thought through their consequences. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Bacolod had over 700 arrests.

Curious where this info came from. I currently live in Bacolod and are over 65...out and about on a daily basis, often going through check points where just the temperature is checked.  never has there been any mention of a senior, also been to many supermarkets, apart from a long line no issues. Several friends here also no issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I guess I am fortunate. Whenever anyone guesses my age, they always guess low - mid-50's-ish. But then, I have not needed to go out for a few days and will not need to for maybe at least two weeks or more. There are supposed to be baranguay passes required, but they have not figured out how to do it, so only ID's are required. I really don't know since I have not gone out.

Even the dogs and roosters seem quieter than usual. And there is no karaoke... So there are some good things going on!:smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Whenever anyone guesses my age, they always guess low - mid-50's-ish.

Same here,,,,,,,,,i got real Lucky on my choice of father and grandfather. So far at 62 I still have all my hair with out any grey (unless I grow my beard :hystery:) I have only been asked to show my pass when entering the wet market, they did not look at the age. Yesterday I went to our near puregold, was not asked to show pass or ID at all. I still take my daily afternoon walk and have not be stopped once. Just show me Lucky 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Even the dogs and roosters seem quieter than usual. And there is no karaoke... So there are some good things going on!:smile:

Food is getting scarce. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Food is getting scarce. :whistling:

Really? L found that eggs were lacking at the SM. But most veggies were still available. Meat and fish still seem available at the local wet market. So long as they don't run out of Tanduay, I guess I will be okay:smile:.

Approximately where in Mindoro are you located, if I may ask?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Food is getting scarce

Perhaps we can put this in the disadvantage of living in the province topic when this is all over

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, scott h said:

Perhaps we can put this in the disadvantage of living in the province topic when this is all over

Sorry my humour might be a bit too subtle.  I was joking that the reason the dogs and cockerels are getting quieter is because they've been eaten. 😏

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Really? L found that eggs were lacking at the SM. But most veggies were still available. Meat and fish still seem available at the local wet market. So long as they don't run out of Tanduay, I guess I will be okay:smile:.

Approximately where in Mindoro are you located, if I may ask?

I live on Boracay now.  Just making a bad joke that the reason the dogs and cockerels are getting quieter is with food getting scarce for some maybe they've eaten then. 😏

• Haha 3