Jump to content
Old55

Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I live on Boracay now.  Just making a bad joke that the reason the dogs and cockerels are getting quieter is with food getting scarce for some maybe they've eaten then. 😏

I wish somebody would eat the stray dogs outside my compound, barking and fighting all night long. Had to get up twice in the early hours 2am and 4am shining a flashlight in the dogs faces.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Sorry my humour might be a bit too subtle.  I was joking that the reason the dogs and cockerels are getting quieter is because they've been eaten. 😏

Sorry too that I was a bit slow on the uptake... did not see it that way at all... Maybe it is better to be blatant than latent?:hystery:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jimeve said:

shining a flashlight in the dogs faces.

Better than shining it in the dog's feces?:ohmy:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scott h said:

 

In my 26 years exposed to the Filipino culture and going on 8 years living here, I can make this "general observation".

Filipinos in general are not very good at "thinking outside the box", taking initiative or accepting personal responsibility 

After it was announced that over 65's are housebound I saw on Facebook that someone msg the Mayor here in Cebu and asked how these people are supposed to survive, his answer was go see the Barangay Captain, good advice but if you are over 65 you are under curfew and cannot go out and will be arrested if caught, duh

  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

good advice

And ill bet you 5 pesos the Barangay (if you even get to see the captain) will tell you to talk to the mayor.:hystery:

When I asked a barangay official why the trikes and pedikabs were still operating I was told it was PNP's job.....funny since the PNP follows the Mayors guidance :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets all hope and pray somehow the Wuhan Virus will have little impact in Philippines.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest sketch.  The title is "How bout I lock down ur @ss" :hystery:

 

Senior Lockdown.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

After it was announced that over 65's are housebound I saw on Facebook that someone msg the Mayor here in Cebu and asked how these people are supposed to survive, his answer was go see the Barangay Captain, good advice but if you are over 65 you are under curfew and cannot go out and will be arrested if caught, duh

Sadly , the lack of logic curse strikes again.

Me, Im senior, with no househelp and fortunately Im still going to the supermarket when required and in Makati theres a great many seniors still shopping.

But really, the people making these rules seem to make them in a mental vacuum. They never seem to get around to thinking " what if that person etc etc ......

 

Just one blanket rule. Then again the amount of rules that contradict one another from barangay to barangay is astonishing.. some will fine curfew breakers, some wont. Some will stop seniors some wont...some will ban alcohol others wont... and for some  Senators the rules whatever they are wont apply....... lol......

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sorry my humour might be a bit too subtle.  I was joking that the reason the dogs and cockerels are getting quieter is because they've been eaten. 😏

Don't worry Snowy - I got it! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Sadly , the lack of logic curse strikes again.

Me, Im senior, with no househelp and fortunately Im still going to the supermarket when required and in Makati theres a great many seniors still shopping.

But really, the people making these rules seem to make them in a mental vacuum. They never seem to get around to thinking " what if that person etc etc ......

 

Just one blanket rule. Then again the amount of rules that contradict one another from barangay to barangay is astonishing.. some will fine curfew breakers, some wont. Some will stop seniors some wont...some will ban alcohol others wont... and for some  Senators the rules whatever they are wont apply....... lol......

The level of inconsistency should not be a surprise to anyone - for pretty much every interaction we have with government officials, indeed any officialdom, we see different approaches not just from area to area but person to person and even the same person at different times.  

It's not restricted to the Philippines either - how many times do we each read the same thing and see it differently?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...