Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

The level of inconsistency should not be a surprise to anyone - for pretty much every interaction we have with government officials, indeed any officialdom, we see different approaches not just from area to area but person to person and even the same person at different times.  

It's not restricted to the Philippines either - how many times do we each read the same thing and see it differently?

Totally agree with you.....!   Just went to one Mercury Drugs and big sign No Mask No ID. Next Mercury Drugs had no such sign .

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Great timing NOT, my sciatica has flared up and I have used up all my Paracetamol on the Dengue I just had. Eve said she don't want to go into town for obvious reasons.

As I'm over 65 and not allowed out, I'm trying to block the pain mentally and doing some exercises that I learned from my physician last time I had this pain. 

• Sad 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Great timing NOT, my sciatica has flared up and I have used up all my Paracetamol on the Dengue I just had. Eve said she don't want to go into town for obvious reasons.

As I'm over 65 and not allowed out, I'm trying to block the pain mentally and doing some exercises that I learned from my physician last time I had this pain. 

Jim don't you have a Sori Sori nearby, they normally have paracetamol albeit Bio Gesic by name. Just a thought, maybe give Eddie a text, he is nearest to you if you are in to much pain, I am sure he will help you out.

@Eddie1

Edited by Jack Peterson
forwarded post
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim don't you have a Sori Sori nearby, they normally have paracetamol albeit Bio Gesic by name. Just a thought, maybe give Eddie a text, he is nearest to you if you are in to much pain, I am sure he will help you out.

@Eddie1

Eve just found some amongst the other stuff, panic station endex lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RBM said:

Curious where this info c  ame from. I currently live in Bacolod and are over 65...out and about on a daily basis, often going through check points where just the temperature is checked.  never has there been any mention of a senior, also been to many supermarkets, apart from a long line no issues. Several friends here also no issues.

Government website  ?  It doesn't specifically say over 65 but for breaking a curfew.

BACOLOD CITY – A total of 728 residents here have been arrested for violating the curfew hours – from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. – during the period March 15 to 21, records of the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) have shown.

Lt. Col. Ariel Pico, public information officer of BCPO, on Monday again called for the cooperation of the city residents in the implementation of the general community quarantine, which includes staying at home and adhering to the curfew, to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease-2019 (Covid-19).

“Covid-19 is there 24/7. Don’t wait for the curfew to go home,” Pico said.

The total number of arrested persons is based on the figures provided by the Mobile Patrol Group (MPG) and Police Stations 1 to 10 after a seven-day period.

Arrested by Police Station 1 were 99 violators; Police Station 2 -- 37; Police Station 3 -- 130; Police Station 4 -- 122; Police Station 6 -- 104; Police Station 7 -- 24; Police Station 8 -- 69; Police Station 9 -- 36; and Police Station 10 -- 15. The MPG apprehended 92 persons while Police Station 5 had no arrests.

After being detained overnight, the violators are released by 8 a.m. the following day.

In Bacolod, the curfew is being enforced as provided in Executive Order No. 22 issued by Mayor Evelio Leonardia, placing Bacolod under a general community quarantine starting March 15.

“These restricted hours shall require any person to already have returned to his or her home and to stay thereat until the lapse of restriction,” the order stated.

The order also asked parents and guardians to take proper responsibility for their minor children or wards in observing the curfew.

“Any person failing or refusing to observe this curfew measure will be dealt with properly by the Philippine National Police as regards the inimical act committed in violation of public order,” it added.

After a resident of Bacolod has tested positive for Covid-19, Leonardia said the city be more stringent in the implementation of the general community quarantine.

“We should be stricter with the imposition of the curfew. We should be stricter with our border check-up points,” the mayor added. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1097514

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

@Eddie1

Jim, I have plenty of Paracetamol, I can drop some down to you and restock from the Pharmacies here in Dauin.  Let me know if you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

WHY would an over 65 want to be out and about ?  Trying harder to catch the damned virus...or spread it ? 

STAY HOME ! 

Send somebody else out for your needs...and make sure they have a mask, and clean their hands properly, etc.  PAY them if need be. 

This is life-threatening stuff guys, ffsake.  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Arrested by Police Station 1 were 99 violators; Police Station 2 -- 37; Police Station 3 -- 130; Police Station 4 -- 122; Police Station 6 -- 104; Police Station 7 -- 24; Police Station 8 -- 69; Police Station 9 -- 36; and Police Station 10 -- 15. The MPG apprehended 92 persons while Police Station 5 had no arrests.

How is that "social distance" working out when you jam 100 or so bodies into a cell designed to hold a dozen? :89:

• Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mike, it's just crazy. No better way to spread the Wuhan Virus.

In Talisay a city just south of Cebu City anyone over 65 found on the street is fined 1000 peso. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mike J said:

How is that "social distance" working out when you jam 100 or so bodies into a cell designed to hold a dozen? :89:

No, if you research most were and not just in this case and many sat in the car park or something at a distance a part.  Also did you see that about 6 kids in Manila were rounded up and put in a dog cage on wheels?  Believe me? Yes human rights groups have had their say but the point is the police say they were out rounding up stray dogs at the time which l dont believe could be true as they should have no time with checkpoints and so forth. 

This link I know came from abuse rights but it was also published in many news outlets. 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/03/26/philippines-curfew-violators-abused

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1