Special kind of stupid Filipino seniors locked down

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Totally OFF TOPIC I KNOW...... but i wonder how IT Geek and his grasping greedy avaricious wife is doing....He hasnt been on here a while with any updates... hopefully hes doing OK.

we dont have a chat site so nowhere else to post my inquiry except here.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My Chinese American friends and coworkers call it "Wuhan Virus" and worse.

A Chinese American calling it 'Wuhan Virus' is a bit like an African American using the word that us white guys should never use, that doesn't mean we should be using it.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

Where I am at they take the arrestees to the stadium and have them sit a meter apart outside until the end of curfew.

And that is around the track, not in any seats.

Not doubting you at all, Hobbit... but curious how do you know this? have you witnessed or been busted?:whistling:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

A Chinese American calling it 'Wuhan Virus' is a bit like an African American using the word that us white guys should never use, that doesn't mean we should be using it.

I've got Chinese friends living in Hong Kong and Chinese and Vietnamese coworkers I can't quote what they think of mainland Chinese and the "virus".

• Like 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Not doubting you at all, Hobbit... but curious how do you know this? have you witnessed or been busted?:whistling:

I have not been busted Tommy.  They practice something here called Public Shaming, the PNP call in the media for a photo session and the media outlets post their stories on Facebook, and every local here follows at least one media's Facebook page.

On another note I recognized an 80 yr old expat out riding his bicycle this morning.  Now how did that go in Forest Gump?  Stupid is as stupid gets?

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

I have not been busted Tommy.  They practice something here called Public Shaming, the PNP call in the media for a photo session and the media outlets post their stories on Facebook, and every local here follows at least one media's Facebook page.

On another note I recognized an 80 yr old expat out riding his bicycle this morning.

Cool... Thanks for the info. You know how difficult it can be to get accurate information. That's why I asked... And way cool to see that octogenerian cruising around on his bike! I love that!!!

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I've got Chinese friends living in Hong Kong and Chinese and Vietnamese coworkers I can't quote what they think of mainland Chinese and the "virus".

Each to their own but kinda smacks of racism IMO. 

I see no reputable media reporting this as anything other than Corona or Covid and i don't see any good reason to add a 3rd but hey ho.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Back on topic again - 

I'm venting so no need to read but I'm getting it off my chest!

First, in my subdivision people on foot allowed out but 1 per quarantine pass As it should be except necessary exceptions. People in cars - waived through with no check on numbers or passes. I know because i was both today. Not good enough given the disruption the whole thing is causing.

2nd - Vista Mall - No bill payment counter open - offline. Also i curcumvented (unknowinglly) all security checks by using ATM then entering supermarket. They then set up a disinfecting station right next to, and I mean touching, the ATM machine - great security and social distancing. And they were moving stocks of electrical items into the supermarket - yep, essential items. And, worst of all there were no prices on the shelves for anything - and i mean no prices. I wonder why - i asked but the answer was unintelligible?

3rd - 7/11. My first attempt to pay a bill there - and likely my last. Sorry, CLiqq machines offline because it's impossible to keep screen clean! WTF - ATMs are all working despite this issue - see above for solution! 

4th - 3 pawn shops all offline for bill payments. I also had to lend my neighbour 5k this morning for same reason - no cash pick-up available.

Now, we are in troubled times but surely we can expect some kind of reliable systems to operate. 

All of the above told me not to worry, 30 day extension applies to bills. Great I said, should I keep my place in the line now because it's gonna be a long one!

Please nobody reply it's more fun in the Philippines!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Viking said:

It originated from Wuhan, so I se nothing strange with calling it the Wuhan virus.

Viking I do get your Point but I was Conceived in India but I am English by Birth I think this makes a difference I mean you /they may have got the Virus in Wuhan but it showed up and escalated elsewhere JMHO :whatever: