Hi From Locked Down Thailand

Pinetree
Posted
Posted

HI from Thailand.  How are you people doing in the East? We are now locked down under a State of Emergency.  Can't leave Thailand, even if we had flights to do so.  All foreigners banned from entering.  Immigration in chaos due to the number of trapped people who need visa extensions. Road blocks on all major routes and a curfew in the offing. Naturally, all places of entertainment, including golf courses, gyms and parks, locked off. Can't even have my morning coffee with mates. all coffee shops closed too. Self isolating at home with a nice pool, plenty of food and booze in the house, so not too shabby, so long as it doesn't go on too long. The one bright spot in all this is that Mrs P was visiting her mother up north and now can't get home, so very nice and quiet and no chores to do. How are you there? Just as bad or not so much? 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

HI from Thailand.  How are you people doing in the East? We are now locked down under a State of Emergency.  Can't leave Thailand, even if we had flights to do so.  All foreigners banned from entering.  Immigration in chaos due to the number of trapped people who need visa extensions. Road blocks on all major routes and a curfew in the offing. Naturally, all places of entertainment, including golf courses, gyms and parks, locked off. Can't even have my morning coffee with mates. all coffee shops closed too. Self isolating at home with a nice pool, plenty of food and booze in the house, so not too shabby, so long as it doesn't go on too long. The one bright spot in all this is that Mrs P was visiting her mother up north and now can't get home, so very nice and quiet and no chores to do. How are you there? Just as bad or not so much? 

Happy to hear you're doing fine under the circumstances. Here, we're all doing fine more or less as far as I can see but if the lockdown was to continue beyond 6-8 weeks then I'd imagine things will get more interesting.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1