Sending Load from Outside PH

Bringer
Posted
Posted

I appreciate your attempt at help @Huggybearman, but please note that my question was:

"Is there any way to send load without (or with small surcharge) to a friend's Globe number?" 

There are many simple ways to send load with a 25-50% surcharge, but since I send load regularly to my friend I am looking for a quick and very cost effective method. :) 

strap
Posted
Posted (edited)

We regularly send loads from the U.S. directly to phones in the Philippines using Xoom.com (which is part of PayPal). I believe there is a $1.99 transaction fee, and I'm sure they make a little profit on the exchange rate. But it has always worked, and the load normally shows up almost instantly on the phone. Don't know if Xoom is available outside the US?

Edited by strap
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

How about using the popular online shopping platform here - Lazada?  

I believe it can be used to add load to a Globe number here in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Bringer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lazada may be good. 

Can I open an account from outside the Philippines for Lazada PH without a PH phone number and pay with an international credit card? 

Edited by Bringer

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Bringer said:

Lazada may be good. 

Can I open an account from outside the Philippines for Lazada PH without a PH phone number and pay with an international credit card? 

I suspect you will need a PH phone number as they will send a verification code to that number (but you could try using your overseas number first) - I assume you can use your friends number to register - or ask them to register for you and they could then let you know the log in ID and password?  Payment SHOULD be ok with any kind of credit card.  

Please don't misunderstand this part but better safe than sorry - If I were you I'd change the password once you log in to ensure nobody is able to order other items without your knowledge using your credit card details.  I don't know if/how Lazada store such info but I wouldn't take any chances.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bringer said:

There are many simple ways to send load with a 25-50% surcharge, but since I send load regularly to my friend I am looking for a quick and very cost effective method. :) 

Well My friend I do think you have answered your own Question You do know how it is done. So as this seems to be a matter of Urgency Does it matter the cost to do it . With the greatest respect:tiphat:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I use this one all the time... and pay with my UK Paypal.  Very simple... and there are other payment options. 

Try with say p50 first, and see how it works out. 

recharge . com

TimL
Posted
Posted

I use Xoom for loading PH phones.

• 3 weeks later...
AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Your best is the Paymaya app (android, possibly/probably Apple too), it's a preloaded credit card  and can load it from another credit card - https://www.paymaya.com/support/transactions-help/add-money/add-money-via-debit-or-credit-card

You can then buy airtime (Globe, Smart, etc) at a 5-10% discount, plus it's all done over the internet so you don't need to be in country. And it's obviously the cheapest option.

You can also load it in person when in The Philippines and I use it as a 'back up card' when I travel in case my bank cards give me hassle (which seems to be often).

Edited by AusExpat