Lock Down Problems

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's fine IF they have a bank account AND an ATM card.

I would hazard a guess that most ordinary folk need to pick the cash up from some sort of remittance outlet....WU,  MLHuillier, etc.

Hopefully the government will recognise that there is a problem, and do something to alleviate it. 

People at all levels of society need money. 

Edited by graham59

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A little off topic but are they still filling the ATMs? 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A little off topic but are they still filling the ATMs? 

They are in Ozamiz and CDO, no idea about elsewhere...

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, graham59 said:

It's fine IF they have a bank account AND an ATM card.

I told the family in Ozamiz a while ago that they needed to organise for someone there to have a bank account and an ATM card because Western Union do fee free sends to bank accounts but charge for cash pickup sends.  And the fee would come out of their receive because I wasn’t sending extra to cover it.  They quickly organised a bank account and card :shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

If I have to send then I send to their bank account using western union or world remit and they get the money from an ATM.  You can do that from home using a computer or even a phone.

That only works if they have a bank account.  For some reason they will not keep an account.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You guys are lucky they still take cash there.  When I went shopping for groceries here in Cnada they would not take my cash.  Only cards.  That is so the cashier does not have to touch my dirty money, even with gloves.  BUT, I still have to put a coin in to get a grocery cart.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

BUT, I still have to put a coin in to get a grocery cart.

You can buy tokens to use instead of a coin.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pc-Key-chain-Token-to-unlock-Shopping-cart-trolley-1coin-size-large-Removable/231068443248?hash=item35ccc0a270:g:o2sAAOxy2HFSUMbK

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The other problem with lockdown orders are public transport including taxis. Not everyone has access to supermarkets without public transport. What happens if I hurt myself but not enough to require an ambulance but need to go to a hospital, how would I get there? I know no one with a car.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What happens if I hurt myself but not enough to require an ambulance but need to go to a hospital, how would I get there? I know no one with a car.

It is a real problem but I don't have an answer :(

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What happens if I hurt myself but not enough to require an ambulance but need to go to a hospital, how would I get there?

I will be perfectly blunt and extremely politically incorrect. 

The same as if a person has a heart attack or stroke and is either taken to a hospital without the proper equipment or gets stuck in traffic on the way to the emergency room.

It is one of the calculation we make when we move to a 3rd (or 4th) world country. that doesn't have 911 (or 000 in OZ and 119 in Korea and 999 in Britain)

We either have to accept it or leave :thumbsup:

your gonna die.jpg

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic