Lock Down Problems

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The pass will have your name on it. Here our condo building the admin office is arranging them and I think most condos do the same. I went out to buy food today with no pass and no one seems to have them in this area yet. Here in Cebu if you leave one city into the next you cant come back unless you are working.

Our HQP in Subic Freeport does not have a name or address.  I think in Olongapo they have name and picture, but I guess the pass owner can have another household member carry it to go out for groceries, etc.

We get most of our information about goings on here in the Freeport on Facebook.  The main source is our neighborhood group.  The spokeperson for Subic Bay Freeport is a member of the group, as is the chairwoman, and the head of LED, so we get updates fairly quickly.

Funny thing happened this morning, I guess, depending on your sense of humor.  Royal Duty Free was closed yesterday and reopened today, under tightened rules.  If you don't have the HQP you can't enter.  One of the priests from San Roque chapel went to Royal Duty Free this morning.  He had not heard of the passes and nobody came to the church to inform them.  He was refused entry at Royal!  An acquaintance posted about this to the group right away, and within 10 minutes the head of LED had someone going to meet him and get him in to shop!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Our HQP in Subic Freeport does not have a name or address.  I think in Olongapo they have name and picture, but I guess the pass owner can have another household member carry it to go out for groceries, etc.

This is the problem. Nothing is the same all over so a lot of info here or any where is depending on where one is living or holed up. 

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is the problem. Nothing is the same all over so a lot of info here or any where is depending on where one is living or holed up. 

Yep, thats why all these anecdotes are relevant.  

To answer AK, we are staying home unless we need to go out.  Today it was Watsons, took my new pass and no issues.  This one just has my name on it.  But we are pretty well set for the next few weeks on supplies.   

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So last night the Freeport geniuses came up with another one:

91216711_1686192528186506_4859036139941527552_n.jpg

This goes against WHO and Philippines federal recommendations.  I don't mind it for public places, but in my car?  Give me a break.  It will be rolled back in a day or two.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was busted by police three days ago when driving into the city here. There is a "safety check" on the way into the city... Very nice and polite police asked me where was my mask. It was on the seat next to me. He instructed me to put it on.... "In the car?" I asked... and he said yes... Okay...

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

This goes against WHO and Philippines federal recommendations.

16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

In the carr?"

Philippines,,,,,,,,,,"where common sense is an uncommon virtue!"   :hystery:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Why don't you just stay home like what they are asking you to do? I don't understand people that insist on going opposite with the flow during serious issues! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I have only gone out once in the past week - to buy groceries.  I had the necessary quarantine pass and mask and followed all the rules.  People are NOT being asked to not go out, but to only go out for essential stuff such as food shopping and to pick up medicine etc.  

We bought enough supplies to last us 2 weeks but could probably stretch that to 3 but we will have to go out again after that to buy more food.  We gotta eat!  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I have only gone out once in the past week - to buy groceries.  I had the necessary quarantine pass and mask and followed all the rules.  People are NOT being asked to not go out, but to only go out for essential stuff such as food shopping and to pick up medicine etc.  

We bought enough supplies to last us 2 weeks but could probably stretch that to 3 but we will have to go out again after that to buy more food.  We gotta eat!  

Tomorrow is our 14th day.  I have been out 3 times during that time.  Once to get a propane tank and twice to get groceries and medicine.  I stocked up on medicines but I will have to get more pain meds in the next day or two.

My wife wants me to stay at home and she will go out, but she is nervous about driving very far.  In any case, I a super careful when I go out.  Wear and mask, use plenty of sanitizer on carts and myself, and stay away from people.

• Like 3

peterfe
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The other problem with lockdown orders are public transport including taxis. Not everyone has access to supermarkets without public transport. What happens if I hurt myself but not enough to require an ambulance but need to go to a hospital, how would I get there? I know no one with a car.

Don't worry mate. I asked my partner about this and she said you or someone go to the barangay and they will take you to hospital. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, peterfe said:

Don't worry mate. I asked my partner about this and she said you or someone go to the barangay and they will take you to hospital. 

Depending upon where one lives that might not be so easy for a sick person.  Our house is at the back of the subdisivision and the Baragauy hall is over near the highway, it's several kilometers of walking up and down hills to get there.

*edit* This is not a problem for SWMBO or the family because there is at the house my Innova and Christie Mae's Wigo and she, her papa and her brother all have driving licenses (one of the advantages of having a papa who drove a taxi for a living).  I was just making the point that it's not going to be as easy as 'go to the Baranguy hall' for a lot of people.  And once you get there what happens?  That would vary from Baranguy to Barnaguy I suspect...

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic