Lock Down Problems

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I was busted by police three days ago when driving into the city here. There is a "safety check" on the way into the city... Very nice and polite police asked me where was my mask. It was on the seat next to me. He instructed me to put it on.... "In the car?" I asked... and he said yes... Okay...

Exact same thing happened to me Tom.  Busted for not having a pass, and then saying why am I not wearing my facemask.  I just kind of ignored the question, since we got onto where I was trying to get to.  When we went out this morning, the guard house gave us  a pass finally. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have only gone out once in the past week - to buy groceries.  I had the necessary quarantine pass and mask and followed all the rules.  People are NOT being asked to not go out, but to only go out for essential stuff such as food shopping and to pick up medicine etc.  

We bought enough supplies to last us 2 weeks but could probably stretch that to 3 but we will have to go out again after that to buy more food.  We gotta eat!  

Your'e right. So many different interpretations about the restrictions.:6:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

GF went to Puregold this morning in Noveleta. They allow 10 people inside at a time, and at the door you have to show proof that you live in Noveleta. Electric bill, driver license, etc. There were a few limits on certain things, but not that bad. When I went to pick her up, the barangay street guards just passed me through without hesitation. Seems like rules are haphazard, and left up to the interpretation of each Mayor and barangay Kapitan.:whatever: 

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Our neighborhood still has us driving over bleach pads, like they use for swine flu.  I'm not sure how my car tires are relevant, but OK. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Our neighborhood still has us driving over bleach pads, like they use for swine flu.  I'm not sure how my car tires are relevant, but OK. 

We have those pads where we are. Problem is, they are only about two feet long. They need to be about six feet or more to cover the entire wheel circumference! :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, peterfe said:

Don't worry mate. I asked my partner about this and she said you or someone go to the barangay and they will take you to hospital. 

Yes but how do you get there with no transport anywhere ? 

• Hmm thinking 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes but how do you get there with no transport anywhere ? 

This has nothing to do with 'sending and exchanging money' so I'm also copying this to the 'health' topic.

My partner may not know the difference between Austria and Australia, but she has plenty of local knowledge. If you have an accident or fall ill, but not seriously enough for an ambulance, contact the barangay and they will take you to hospital in their own vehicle (which presumably will encounter no problems at checkpoints). When your treatment is over, you or the person with you call the barangay and they will come and collect you and bring you home. She said they will take you to a private hospital in another nearby city if that's what you want. Apparently you don't have to give them money for petrol or anything, but of course the hospital or doctor will need money.

Of course, neither she or I have any idea whether this would be equally straightforward in every barangay in the country, so it would be good to check locally to make sure, especially if you have a condition that could suddenly deteriorate. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

I have only gone out once in the past week - to buy groceries.  I had the necessary quarantine pass and mask and followed all the rules.  People are NOT being asked to not go out, but to only go out for essential stuff such as food shopping and to pick up medicine etc.  

We bought enough supplies to last us 2 weeks but could probably stretch that to 3 but we will have to go out again after that to buy more food.  We gotta eat!  

This is a tad confusing, as my understanding is, over 65 not allowed out period... So if for example drinking water or large shopping required how can ones wife or partner manage?

perhaps I can be enlightened here.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

7 minutes ago, RBM said:

This is a tad confusing,

I think the point everyone is making is that the 'rules' right now are a little fuzzy.  Your barangay may have a different twist on it than our own situations.  

But I never heard that people over 65 were forbidden from leaving the house, as you say it sounds pretty impractical.  Can you download the local rules to get some clarity on the matter?  I had my wife do it for me, and it was too damn small to read on her phone so we printed it out. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

This is a tad confusing, as my understanding is, over 65 not allowed out period... So if for example drinking water or large shopping required how can ones wife or partner manage?

perhaps I can be enlightened here.

Sorry, I should have expanded my statement to note that - I was referring to the general population rather than the whole population.  The over 65s thing is not being applied in my area anyway but that' s irrelevant. 

You raise a good point about certain issues with the blanket policy about over 65s, indeed any blanket policy.  There will be some cases where it caused serious problems and we'd like to think some way around this can be found.  In a country which prides itself on the family unit - hopefully they can step up and prove it - this would possibly alleviate the majority of challenges.  Not all though!  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic