Lock Down Problems

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 3/31/2020 at 11:48 AM, hk blues said:

The over 65s thing is not being applied in my area anyway but that' s irrelevant. 

Here, it's now "over 60." But I have support from relatives and friends who will go out for me. Good deal, since I was out of Tanduay this morning!!! But they told me that the local 7-11 is now "sorry, out of stock," as they brought me the last two bottles...

hk blues
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Here, it's now "over 60." But I have support from relatives and friends who will go out for me. Good deal, since I was out of Tanduay this morning!!! But they told me that the local 7-11 is now "sorry, out of stock," as they brought me the last two bottles...

You're lucky you even go to that stage in the process, Tom - all alcohol sales banned here in Iloilo area.

• Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

So I gave L P7,500 a few days ago and she prepared care packages for a few, gave some cash to some more and there's still more left over for more distributions. It's not a lot, but maybe it's a start?

I think if everyone who can spare a centavo can help, it is worthwhile. I wish I could afford to give much more.

Feeding the hungry.jpg

I'm thinking about giving my stimulus check somehow to the local community that I live in. It would be nice to have but I don't really need it. It's hard to trust people around here. Maybe I'll do it myself so I know it's going where it belongs.:mellow:  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

It's hard to trust people around here. 

That is one of the key issues in getting help to the people who need it - people simply don't believe any donations/aid will get to where it should be.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some good news here. I was just visited by a barangay official who simply took down my name and phone number and then issued a pass to go out for shopping for food or medicines. Very nice guy. Interestingly, he asked for ID's from my neighbours before issuing the passes, but not from me - even when I was wearing a mask hiding most of my face - perhaps I look like an honest person.? So it seems that age may not be so much of an issue here? Well, I won't venture out for a few more days to test. The pass has two spaces - one for the main person - me - and one for an alternate, L....perfect!

He said that right now there is some action going on to open up senior citizen lines at the local SM market and other venues. He said I would be blocked from going out to the house site for a while but that he expected soon some special permissions "might" be granted.... I won't bet on that right now yet...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Some good news here. I was just visited by a barangay official who simply took down my name and phone number and then issued a pass to go out for shopping for food or medicines. Very nice guy. Interestingly, he asked for ID's from my neighbours before issuing the passes, but not from me - even when I was wearing a mask hiding most of my face - perhaps I look like an honest person.? So it seems that age may not be so much of an issue here? Well, I won't venture out for a few more days to test. The pass has two spaces - one for the main person - me - and one for an alternate, L....perfect!

He said that right now there is some action going on to open up senior citizen lines at the local SM market and other venues. He said I would be blocked from going out to the house site for a while but that he expected soon some special permissions "might" be granted.... I won't bet on that right now yet...

In Cebu you can either apply online through, PassApp.ph which require a Photo ID and two other IDs uploaded. In my case the barangay are issuing it to us through our condo building without the need for ID.

Sir Thomas good morning

As per barangay Apas, since most of the basic necessity (grocery, pharmacy, food) are already within IT park or within the 4 barangay of Apas, Lahug, Banilad and Busay, the "barangay pass" that they will issue to the residents of Avida Towers Cebu is already sufficient.

However, if a resident will really need to visit other barangay or place outside of the mentioned barangays, he or she may register for an ECQ Pass (green pass being issued by Cebu CIty)thru the website provided by Cebu City (passapp.ph)

We will continue to coordinate with the barangay and city regarding the issuance of the "barangay pass" as well as the ECQ pass issued by the city.

Sincerely, 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, peterfe said:

This may be of interest to you if you're under lockdown in a small place with no bank and are running out of cash.

Luckily I dont have that problem as a bank or ATM about every 150 meters apart but when the first talk about a lockdown began to circulate I went out and withdrew 10k just to put aside incase. Haven't needed to touch it.

peterfe
Posted
Posted

I realise that there are many Filipinos in a much worse situation than us foreigners, but I can't help wondering how we will cope if the lockdown drags on for months. For me, being over 65 in Cebu Province, I haven't been able to leave the house for about ten days, and already I'm starting to get itchy feet - wouldn't it be nice to be able to walk about where you want, go out for a coffee in the morning or a beer in the evening!? If it was easy to get a flight out and back (even with quarantine) I could easily imagine myself taking a trip to somewhere (Japan? Korea?) where cafes are still open and you can live a normal free life, even if just for a few weeks. That would be a "holiday". Living in the beautiful Philippines with its friendly people is normally like a "holiday", but not just now.

How on earth are we going to feel if we're under house arrest for several months? 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

peterfe
Posted
Posted

This forum is a bit of a mess, or maybe it's just me... These 'lockdown problems' are supposed to be about 'sending and exchanging money'. I've now copied it to 'Life as an expat'.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic