Nine doctors die from coronavirus in Philippines

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Front line medical staff are essential to dealing with the effects of the Virus, my condolances to the families of the deceased.

Also worrying is the statement that major hospitals are already announcing they're at capacity and won't accept new patients.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/nine-doctors-die-covid19-philippines-coronavirus-12578962

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Also worrying is the statement that major hospitals are already announcing they're at capacity and won't accept new patients.

And what happens when it gets into the squatter areas? :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mike J said:

And what happens when it gets into the squatter areas? :sad:

Nothing good :(

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

And what happens when it gets into the squatter areas?

Someone died in the squatter area where our maid lives. No autopsy nor coved test done. So the caused of death could be anything.

Action taken?

Entire street 100% lock down. No-one leaves the house, food and water delivered and left at the door.

• Sad 3

Heeb
Posted
Posted

A lot of people are posting on social media and news outlets and pubic officials have said this virus is no worse than the flu, when's the last time you heard of so many Doctors succumbing to the flu in a short period of time, this is evidence that we are dealing with something more deadly for sure.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

One of the latest statistics is that 25% of our health service staff are self isolating 

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I believe its 12 now and not nine.

• Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, Kuya John said:

I'm sure that we are all aware of the consequences of any persons working on the front-line in any hospital is at risk of catching this virus.

Unless key workers are tested and given the appropriate protection, the chances are they are going to get this infection.

The tragic loss of those Doctors who were trying to help others, gives rise to the fact that their families could now be suffering from the virus also.

As this virus snowballs it's time to start praying for miracles..........respectfully JB

One major problem that we have is a lack of PPE , if it was not so serious it would be funny

Yesterday I started a new job within the NHS , the safety talk was very much around the virus , we are now operating within 3 zones at each medical center , green , amber and red 

We were given nice new uniforms,  safety boots and two pairs of rubber gloves,  two sets of disposable goggles and no masks , if we had the masks this would cover us for green and amber , we were told that they hoped for a delivery soon , I enquired about the red zone , we have a list if kit for the red zone that's about as useful as a chocolate fireplace , I've seen it being used , it does not give adequate cover , I was told if I need to go into to ask for some to borrow 

I have nothing but respect fir the doctors and nurses having to deal with this problem 

I saw a parralel with our soldiers during the early years of WW1 , whom in the absence of grenades ,were using cleaned out jam tins stuffed full of gun powder and bits of metal to chuck at the enemy 

• Sad 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

One major problem that we have is a lack of PPE , if it was not so serious it would be funny

Yesterday I started a new job within the NHS , the safety talk was very much around the virus , we are now operating within 3 zones at each medical center , green , amber and red 

We were given nice new uniforms,  safety boots and two pairs of rubber gloves,  two sets of disposable goggles and no masks , if we had the masks this would cover us for green and amber , we were told that they hoped for a delivery soon , I enquired about the red zone , we have a list if kit for the red zone that's about as useful as a chocolate fireplace , I've seen it being used , it does not give adequate cover , I was told if I need to go into to ask for some to borrow 

I have nothing but respect fir the doctors and nurses having to deal with this problem 

I saw a parralel with our soldiers during the early years of WW1 , whom in the absence of grenades ,were using cleaned out jam tins stuffed full of gun powder and bits of metal to chuck at the enemy 

It is a problem Boston.

But, to put another slant on it - who would have imagined we would have needed such a quantity of PPE and would we really have approved of the NHS investing in it rather than other priorities a few months ago?  Nobody anticipated this.

That said, it does seem that the UK govt. may have been a little slow in getting their act together once they knew the scale of the outbreak but we have to rely on newspaper stories and social media for our info so how reliable is that. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic