Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

BI info

PRESS RELEASE
27 March 2020

BI temporarily allows immigrants, non-immigrants to
depart sans ACR I-Card

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that they will temporarily be allowing foreign nationals with approved and implemented visas but awaiting release of their Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to depart the country.

Said announcement was in light of the Enhanced Community Quarantine and Stringent Social Distancing Measures directive from Malacanang.

Regular procedures require departing aliens with approved visas but pending ACR I-Card to secure a Waiver at the BI's main office.

“We will no longer be requiring ACR I-Card Waiver Orders for departing foreign nationals. With the rapid spike in COVID-19 cases, we were prompted to make additional measures to lessen person to person contact,” said Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente.

In lieu of the ACR I-Card Waiver Order, the requirements to be presented in the airport are as follows: Passport with valid visa, as indicated in the implementation stamp, official receipts of the ACR I-Card Waiver Application Fee and Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) with Returning Permit (RP) or Special Resident Certificate (SRC), whichever is applicable.

Morente further advised departing foreign nationals to keep said requirements as the same will be needed for when they enter the country again under their respective visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2