US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

World Bank loans mainly poor countries, not countries like UK and US.  UK and US just print money to give themselves a "loan".  There are consequences.

Here is a good one.  Some well know leftist democrats have proposed some wildly expensive relief bills in the U.S.  One of them proposes to give every person in the U.S. (citizens or non-citizen, legal or not legal, unemployed or employed) $2000 on a debit card.  And this is for children too.  So a family of 5 like mine would get $10,000.  Then, each month $1000 would be added to the debit card, so my family would get $5000 a month.  This would last until 12 months after the pandemic is declared over.

Nobody would go back to work and some of those employed would quit!

So how would they pay for it?  The U.S. would mint 2 gold coins worth 1 trillion dollars each!  Backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government!

Where would they keep those?  I could see a heist movie being made about stealing them!  Who could you sell them to?  China?

I read in the news yesterday that 26 million are now unemployed in the usa , thats a lot of hungry people 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I read in the news yesterday that 26 million are now unemployed in the usa , thats a lot of hungry people 

1 bag of rice per week should cover them!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I read in the news yesterday that 26 million are now unemployed in the usa

I will be willing to wager that as soon as the all clear is sounded it will drop drastically. This is one of those "short term pain for long term gain". Especially when you consider that the US economy is so strong and versatile that the world will be banging at the door.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

1 bag of rice per week should cover them!  :shock_40_anim_gif:

You forgot the two tins of sardines :89:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The U.S. would mint 2 gold coins worth 1 trillion dollars each!  Backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government!

Where would they keep those?  I could see a heist movie being made about stealing them!  Who could you sell them to?  China?

That would be a pretty interesting movie.  What size cranes would they need to lift one of those coins and what size train to carry it.:hystery:

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, intrepid said:

That would be a pretty interesting movie.  What size cranes would they need to lift one of those coins and what size train to carry it.:hystery:

The coins would be small.  Maybe like a silver dollar.  The government determines what they are worth.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2020 at 10:22 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Arizona kid a member ?  :biggrin:

Picking on me huh? I'll never forgive you.:wink:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The coins would be small.  Maybe like a silver dollar.  The government determines what they are worth.

I still haven't seen the PH 20 peso coin that they said would be out last Dec. Anyone else seen one? Might be off topic..but I'm a rebel without a clause. :ohmy:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm a rebel without a clause. :ohmy:

I've got an old Santa suit I can loan you?

You could be a rebel with a Santa Clause... suit   :whistling:

• Haha 3

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

All kinds of rumors going around about more stimulus money.  

Eligibility for the $2,000 monthly payments under the Emergency Money for the People Act would be much broader than for the current CARES Act stimulus payments. To qualify for the monthly payments under the bill, you would have to be:

• A citizen or resident of the U.S.; and

• At least 16 years old as of January 1, 2020.

The citizenship or residency requirement would be satisfied if a person is physically present in the U.S. continuously since January 27, 2020, and stays in the U.S. throughout the payment period. (A person would fail to maintain a continuous presence in the U.S. if he or she left the country for any period exceeding 90 days or for any periods, in the aggregate, exceeding 180 days.)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/going-second-round-stimulus-checks-114253578.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

• Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic