US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

intrepid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Also, he kind of hints at "tips" and it pisses me off that he examines my mail so carefully.  "Oh, this one is from Social Security.  Maybe it is a check!".

I think I have mentioned this before.  Since moving here in early 2016 I have only received 2 pieces of regular post mail out of the the 14 pieces my family sent annually for the first 3 years before I told them to stop.  Also those first three years I mailed to my family and friends about a dozen Christmas cards and to date none of them have been delivered.  That said, any mail that was sent certified registered had been delivered.  Last Christmas I received a small package my mom mailed in late October which I received in early Feb.  I actually offered a tip to the delivery boy who refused stating, No need sir, part of my job".  I just stuffed the p150 back in my pocket in disbelief.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

You guys have a postman?  As far as I can tell the local Post Office staff never come to our subdivision.

We have to go to the Post Office and ask.

Tried that every year when I was expecting mail.  Takes a good 1.5 hours round trip through the traffic once a week to keep them aware I was expecting mail.  Each time giving them a card with my name, address, and Phone #.  Finally just gave up using Philpost.

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, intrepid said:

Tried that every year when I was expecting mail.  Takes a good 1.5 hours round trip through the traffic once a week to keep them aware I was expecting mail.  Each time giving them a card with my name, address, and Phone #.  Finally just gave up using Philpost.

When our mail arrives at the post office, they send us a text message.  

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

When our mail arrives at the post office, they send us a text message.  

That's almost as good as having a post man, we don't get that either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

That's almost as good as having a post man, we don't get that either.

Advantage of living in a small town?  I always thank them and chat a bit when I pick up our mail.  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, intrepid said:

I think I have mentioned this before.  Since moving here in early 2016 I have only received 2 pieces of regular post mail out of the the 14 pieces my family sent annually for the first 3 years before I told them to stop.  Also those first three years I mailed to my family and friends about a dozen Christmas cards and to date none of them have been delivered.  That said, any mail that was sent certified registered had been delivered.  Last Christmas I received a small package my mom mailed in late October which I received in early Feb.  I actually offered a tip to the delivery boy who refused stating, No need sir, part of my job".  I just stuffed the p150 back in my pocket in disbelief.

Really has to be down to the locality.  I send 7 Christmas cards every year and, according to family feedback, at least 5 of them are delivered and the other 2 I have no idea but they do continue to send me a card so I assume they are getting through.  In terms of receiving cards, I get probably 6 out of 7 every year - not much different a failure rate to the UK I'd guess.  That said, they arrive mid January or later!  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Really has to be down to the locality.  I send 7 Christmas cards every year and, according to family feedback, at least 5 of them are delivered and the other 2 I have no idea but they do continue to send me a card so I assume they are getting through.  In terms of receiving cards, I get probably 6 out of 7 every year - not much different a failure rate to the UK I'd guess.  That said, they arrive mid January or later!  

I only have 2 friends / family in the U.S. that are still sending Christmas cards to me.  My close family has switched to various electronic methods to send seasons greetings.

Every year, I get these two cards in early January.  They are usually postmarked in late Nov / early Nov. and arrive in the Philippines not longer after that.  And arrive in Zambales weeks before I get them.

I have never "tipped" the postman so I don't think I will get any Christmas cards before Christmas.  This year, I will give the family my Travelling Mailbox address and I can look at their cards online.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I only have 2 friends / family in the U.S. that are still sending Christmas cards to me.  My close family has switched to various electronic methods to send seasons greetings.

Every year, I get these two cards in early January.  They are usually postmarked in late Nov / early Nov. and arrive in the Philippines not longer after that.  And arrive in Zambales weeks before I get them.

I have never "tipped" the postman so I don't think I will get any Christmas cards before Christmas.  This year, I will give the family my Travelling Mailbox address and I can look at their cards online.

Yep...my family still send physical cards so I feel the need to reciprocate.  As I said, they take 3-4 weeks outbound and 10-12 weeks inbound.

I have never tipped our postman here, we've had 2.  That said,  when the  postman delivers packages I give him 200php even though the fee is only 112php.

• Like 2

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Your paper check maybe delayed:

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm make sure you also scroll down for more info.

Its a little vague, it states medical and checks will be processed, but once it gets to Manila or Cebu could be held back until May 15 due to quarantine or is it now may 31? Does anyone know how long a gov. check is good for, 90 days,6 months, one year?

At least when I get mine, my US bank can do online deposit! 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Follow-on reply for the new member asking about his stimulus check...

Just today there was a news article confirming what previous posters - including manofthecoldland just posted. That is, not all checks have been disbursed. About 180,000000 checks or direct deposits have gone out.

My check (was supposed to be direct deposit) was sent out on May 1, I think? And arrived in Seattle at my mail handler at the end of the following week - or about 6-7 days. There appears to be some confusion between Social Security and IRS... regarding direct deposits vs. checks...what a surprise? But the OP on the other thread was simply asking about checks and it sounded like he is waiting for his in Philippines. So my info just updates him regarding actual disbursements and last mailing date... for what it's worth...

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic