US Approved Corvid Stimulus Package- Where's The Money

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

It will most likely be our children or grandchildren who will have to face the problems of our fiscal irresponsibility.

That's what I thought. Kick the can down the road further... I guess I am glad I don't have kids... Sorry, boys...

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2020 at 5:57 AM, Tommy T. said:

An interesting thought that I have not seen vocalized yet??? 

So... who's going to pay for these massive payouts? Hmmmm???

Bill Gates? Warren Buffett? Jeff Bezos?? Our president? Nancy Pelosi? Chuck Shumer? Mitch McConnell? Vladimir Putin? Please enlighten me?

Ahhhh the taxpayers..... shhhhh still a secret...

This money won't come from taxes, it will come from the federal reserve upgrading their money printing computer. Which in the end will result in inflation which steals money from everyone, especially the poor, because what little money they have buys so much less.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

It will most likely be our children or grandchildren who will have to face the problems of our fiscal irresponsibility.

That's what I thought. Kick the can down the road further... I guess I am glad I don't have kids... Sorry, boys...

No, this will affect us in a very short time by rising prices and is not deferred to later generations.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, earthdome said:

No, this will affect us in a very short time by rising prices and is not deferred to later generations.

More money may increase inflation and lead to higher prices.  They will not reduce the deficit.  I suppose you could argue that future dollars are worth less with inflation which makes the dollar deficit less painful.  But that is largely a smoke and mirrors wistful thinking sort of thing.  Spending money you do not have without a plan to pay the debt only works for a time.  Kick the can long enough and you will run out of road.  But maybe they will print more money and build a longer road. 🙄

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Mike J said:

More money may increase inflation and lead to higher prices.  They will not reduce the deficit.  I suppose you could argue that future dollars are worth less with inflation which makes the dollar deficit less painful.  But that is largely a smoke and mirrors wistful thinking sort of thing.  Spending money you do not have without a plan to pay the debt only works for a time.  Kick the can long enough and you will run out of road.  But maybe they will print more money and build a longer road. 🙄

IMHO the government debt (not my debt) will never be paid, only increase year after year with the federal reserve inflating the money supply until some external event causes it to all come crashing down. Will this be the black swan event which causes it to all come crashing down or will they who rule be able to kick the can down the road one more time? I don't know, only time will tell.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

7 hours ago, Mike J said:

What if the US were to exact payment from China for their "biological attack" on the States?  One trillion would be a start.

"The U.S. debt to China is $1.07 trillion as of December 2019.1 That's 16% of the $6.7 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $23 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself." 

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 3/28/2020 at 4:20 AM, scott h said:

show money.jpg

You wanna see the money?

Okay here ya go…. Roll call vote names with not recorded so we knew this was coming.

$25 million set aside for the capitol building's cleaning supplies, 
$25 million extra for the House of Representative's salaries, [@ $55K/each] and 
$315 million for diplomatic programs as well. There's 
$1 billion being kept for the airlines' recycling program, 
$9 million for "miscellaneous Senate expenses," 
$25 million goes to the FAA,
$5 million for Inspector General Office salaries, 
$1 billion will be used for the free phone program, and 
$30 million will be fed to OSHA for increased regulations.
$454 billion slush fund available for Wall Street
$25 million to fund the Kennedy Center

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

You wanna see the money?

Okay here ya go…. Roll call vote names with not recorded so we knew this was coming.

$25 million set aside for the capitol building's cleaning supplies, 
$25 million extra for the House of Representative's salaries, [@ $55K/each] and 
$315 million for diplomatic programs as well. There's 
$1 billion being kept for the airlines' recycling program, 
$9 million for "miscellaneous Senate expenses," 
$25 million goes to the FAA,
$5 million for Inspector General Office salaries, 
$1 billion will be used for the free phone program, and 
$30 million will be fed to OSHA for increased regulations.
$454 billion slush fund available for Wall Street
$25 million to fund the Kennedy Center

I'm not sure where you got this list but you need to fact check it.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

So, will expats be eligible for this? I assume since we pay taxes, we should be. But, who knows? I don't. Anyone seen any news about this?

Joey G
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StayAtHomeDad said:

So, will expats be eligible for this? I assume since we pay taxes, we should be. But, who knows? I don't. Anyone seen any news about this?

- To get a stimulus check (actually a direct deposit), you need to have a Social Security number. 

- The IRS will disburse the funds according to the direct-deposit information provided on the last tax return you filed.

- The IRS won't be sending out paper checks after all. If you didn't provide bank information on your last tax return, you'll have the opportunity to do so online soon. "In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail,"

Edited by Joey G
clarification

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic