A Good Time for Misc. Home Repairs

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It’s good to keep busy and by doing all those little jobs we all have put off , and if you can get some one to help while giving them a helping hand too then everyone’s happy.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

It’s good to keep busy and by doing all those little jobs we all have put off , and if you can get some one to help while giving them a helping hand too then everyone’s happy.

I have to disagree about the hired help, unless it is done right.  The purpose of the lockdowns is keep people away from each other as much as possible.  If you have hired help they should stay on the property and not go back and forth, mingling with many others along the way.

Here in the freeport, employers of all kinds have to provide lodging for employees so they do not go back and forth.  Of course, that is not possible for many but they do try.

All the residential and commercial construction is stopped here.  The only residential help around are live-ins, maids and gardeners.

I have been staying busier than normal doing small household repairs and now yard work.  Arcoxia works for the pain in my hip, knee and leg.  I power washed most of the concrete surfaces.  Maybe one more day to finish.  I think I mastered the weed wacker.  It is just not built for a tall person!  No rain so we are watering a lot.  My wife stays busy with the household stuff and her gardens.  Our 15 year old, in addition to normal households, is assigned to clean up after the 2 little monsters, which is quite a chore!  We let them play in the yard every evening when it is cooler, but they are not allowed (by the quarantine rules) to go out on the street to ride bikes or go anywhere.  I signed up for some online reading and math lessons for the kids, and they like those.  A lot better than games and You Tube!  We are going to do a big puzzle later.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

I knocked a big hole in the wall from the kitchen through to my new 'man cave', to accommodate a connecting doorway.   :thumbsup:

Busy making it look less like a hole in the wall at the moment.  No extra help needed . I just sit down every so often, cos I'm getting old now.   

olddude.gif

• Like 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

We are in a weird situation, with 3 family workers living with us in the new place.  They came before the lockdown, with plans to stay for a month doing all the fixes and improvements.  Only now they are stuck here, so we are making the most of it.  Paint, landscaping, various repairs, etc.  Finding open hardware stores has been a trick the last week or so.  Those boys are hard workers, I've been impressed as hell.  

• Like 4