A hard choice

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Regardless, you're surely not suggesting ALL politicians tell lies ALL the time?  

Maybe, maybe not. But, at least in general terms, I do not trust them. There I am again, I guess:89:... a "Doubting Thomas." Perhaps I could word it a bit differently and simply say I have not met, encountered or read about many that I would trust...fair enough?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe, maybe not. But, at least in general terms, I do not trust them. There I am again, I guess:89:... a "Doubting Thomas." Perhaps I could word it a bit differently and simply say I have not met, encountered or read about many that I would trust...fair enough?

Few trust them.  Then again, politics is an emotive thing so that's not surprising.  

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

And NOTHING has convinced me this outbreak is any different. 

I take it hasn't reached a town near you then.

Everyday  I take my wife to the hospital were she works, knowing she could contract the virus and give it me, at 70+ and having had pneumonia twice,

am I worried, you bet your life I am, but I have my faith and that is a great comfort as I take each day as it comes.

23 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

We don't shut down the entire global economy for other outbreaks

This is no ordinary flu virus.....Youngest victim in UK has now passed away at 13 years old, the boy had no underlying health issues.

May he rest in peace.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

This is no ordinary flu virus.....Youngest victim in UK has now passed away at 13 years old, the boy had no underlying health issues.

May he rest in peace.

The most tragic thing about that, and indeed the others who pass away, is that they are alone when they pass away, no family members allowed with them.  Absolutely gut-wrenching. 

• Sad 4

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
On 3/31/2020 at 3:33 PM, Tommy T. said:

I never ever believe politicians are honest with words.... They will say whatever may advance their careers or agendas... At least that is what I have observed in my lifetime... 

Politics; “the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies” – Groucho Marx.

• Haha 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

May he rest in peace.

Sure it is.  The young are frequent victims of flu and other viruses.  Not to sound heartless, but makes this one unique is the extent to which it targets the old.  Some of you may be more concerned about this one because of all the news it is making, but you'd be in just as much danger from Flu. 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Some of you may be more concerned about this one because of all the news it is making, but you'd be in just as much danger from Flu. 

Not that I was around at the time but.....Wasn't Nero playing his fiddle while Rome was burning? :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Sure it is.  The young are frequent victims of flu and other viruses.  Not to sound heartless, but makes this one unique is the extent to which it targets the old.  Some of you may be more concerned about this one because of all the news it is making, but you'd be in just as much danger from Flu. 

I can get a flu shot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

You previously mentioned that the "death rate" for all cases of this virus was only about 4 %.  Today it is at 5 % and still rising.  As you know, I think that number is misleading and low because only 81% of the "Closed Cases" have revovered.

So what flu has these numbers?  Can you be specific with numbers and links to help ease the minds of those of us who are overly concerned about SARS-CoV-19?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Can you be specific with numbers and links to help ease the minds of those of us who are overly concerned about SARS-CoV-19?

3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) as of March 3

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic