A hard choice

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

I don't think we ever will. Unless the family pays for an autopsy the cause of death is listed by the funeral home. 

Didn't I read somewhere that the gov has mandated that funerals be done in 24 hours?

:whatever:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

after all "most" of us put on our underwear before we put on trousers 

Not all of us, Scott...:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

...but you'd be in just as much danger from Flu. 

Possibly so, Marvin, but the at-risk group now have another virus to kill them in addition to the flu.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

EDIT:  Of course I meant "join the crowd" but with Prince Charles only taking a week's isolation when 2 weeks is recommended . . .  well "join the crown" is an approved freudian slip.

Ref. Prince Charles - the UK recommended time for self-isolation is 7 days for the individual with symptoms and 14 for their family members.  

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Ref. Prince Charles - the UK recommended time for self-isolation is 7 days for the individual with symptoms and 14 for their family members.  

In this situation, to me it is like cooking with garlic... some is good, more is better and too much is never enough... I mean time in this case....

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Can't believe people still think it's the same as the flu. When was the last time the flu started closing hospitals, killing doctors & used every ventilator in the world?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just read another news article online at MSNBC... It stated that today (Wednesday in USA) the death toll surpassed 1,000 in USA for the day. Here's an excerpt from that article:

A University of Washington study updated this week projects that if the entire nation makes an all-out effort to restrict contact, coronavirus deaths will peak in the next two weeks and patients will overwhelm hospitals in most states.

Nationally, the University of Washington model predicts a peak daily death toll of 2,214 in mid-April, and a total of 84,000 Americans dead by the end of summer. That’s more than twice the lives claimed during the 2018-19 flu season, which killed 34,000 people, according to the CDC. 

But that figure represents the model’s most likely estimate. The range of scenarios spans from 36,000 COVID-19 deaths to more than 152,000, according to the research team led by Christopher Murray, founder and chair of the University of Washington’s Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation.

Here's the link if you want to be further sickened by the news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/more-than-1000-in-us-die-in-a-single-day-from-coronavirus-doubling-the-worst-daily-death-toll-of-the-flu/ar-BB122UBy?li=BBnb7Kz

Tell me this is not serious shit!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Also... here is the latest proclamation from Davao City mayor Sara Duterte. The city is now under "enhanced quarantine," as of a short while ago:

https://mindanaotimes.com.ph/2020/04/02/full-text-enhanced-community-quarantine-guidelines-davao-city/

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

In this situation, to me it is like cooking with garlic... some is good, more is better and too much is never enough... I mean time in this case....

I'm not saying it's right, Tom, just that P Charles was following the same guidance that all UK citizens are - no preferential treatment.  

We ain't no experts so we can but follow the expert's guidance as it stands.   

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic