ATM Machines in the Phills.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This all getting a bit confusing.  ACH is mainly the U.S. system for transfers, bill pay, direct deposit, etc.  Transferwise does tie it in but that would only be for a U.S. customer.

https://transferwise.com/us/blog/international-ach-transfer

When you say your U.K. banks will not accept a transfer into an account not in your name, I think you are referring to wire transfer, correct?  That seems strange because wire transfer is used every day for international transactions between business'.  However, it may be a restriction based on your type of account with the bank.  Something similar for me at my Chase bank in the U.S.  Wire transfers from my personal account are limited to $25k per day and some other limitations.  I never tried to send to someone other than myself.  They told me if I want to do more than that I need to upgrade to a business account and I am sure you can transfer to people other than yourself.

Transferwise definitely can send money from a UK bank or debit card or credit card to someone other than your self.  The best way to find out everything is to go to their site and see what is required to sign up.  They may need different things depending on how much you want to send, how you pay, etc.

Screenshot (86).png

Yes, I am talking about wire/TT transfers.  

I see your point regarding it being strange as many businesses use the system, but of course my account is as a personal customer so not so surprising the rules are different.  2 of my 3 UK banks specify this restriction - I have never asked the 3rd - and in addition I need to pre-enrol such accounts before sending money.  

I only do transfers once a year or so - I think I'll just stick with what I'm doing.

Thank You anyway for your help. 

OHNO
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2020 at 9:30 PM, OnMyWay said:

The crypto.com card might be a solution for some, but it requires a lot more research and knowledge of crypto currencies.

When I searched for reviews, most were people giving out their code so they can get the $50 bonus.

That’s why I did not offer my code because my only motivation is to be helpful. I prefer transfer wise but crypto.com is wonderful as a back up with no withdraw fees and perfect interchange bank rates. Anyway, that’s my summation. I use TW 90% of time.