The Visa / COVID interface.

• 2 months later...
ducecoop
Posted
Posted

On July 1 davao city has started MGCQ until July 15.

My extension was due April 21 but as a 70 year old I still don't think I can leave the house. 

Does anyone home if penilities and extra fees will still be waived during this period of time. 

Thanks

Dave

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, ducecoop said:

My extension was due April 21 but as a 70 year old I still don't think I can leave the house. 

Does anyone home if penilities and extra fees will still be waived during this period of time. 

Thanks

Dave

You still can just wait.  There will be no penalties.  When the time comes you will just have to catch up on the regular fees.

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

insite
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, ducecoop said:

how to find these agents if can't leave the house? 

How to trust them with my money, passport. 

Can my fiancee go there for me on my behalf? 

Davao city 

Thanks Dave

How to find these agents if I can't leave the house? 

How to trust them with my money, passport... 

Can my fiancee get for me on my behalf? She only has police clearance as ID

Davao city office

Thanks

Dave

There is an accredited agent in Davao I have been using for quiet some time without any difficulty whatsoever - they are a travel agency called Fastpass - you can have your passport dropped off , they will renew and when done you pay them either by cash or bank transfer .

They are opposite Victoria Mall about 50M to the left of BI. You partner can act on your behalf and in my own case there is no requirement for my presence and or any signatures .

As mentioned earlier here there is no  problem until 30 days after lifting of the quarantine for renewal  but if you wanted it done you have that option if not now then perhaps another time. The fees are minimal if you are a regular client with them.

peterfe
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, graham59 said:

This information says "as long as they file their applications within 30 days from the lifting of the ECQ". Which is not really the same as "30 days from lifting the lockdown", or maybe it is (?) Do they really mean "30 days from lifting of MGCQ"? From today, more areas will be under MGCQ, and people will, I suppose, soon be able to travel from one MGCQ area to a neighbouring one, but are we still supposed to wait until "the new normal" (the next stage after MGCQ) before we go to the BI:unsure:  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, peterfe said:

This information says "as long as they file their applications within 30 days from the lifting of the ECQ". Which is not really the same as "30 days from lifting the lockdown", or maybe it is (?) Do they really mean "30 days from lifting of MGCQ"? From today, more areas will be under MGCQ, and people will, I suppose, soon be able to travel from one MGCQ area to a neighbouring one, but are we still supposed to wait until "the new normal" (the next stage after MGCQ) before we go to the BI:unsure:  

I understand your point -  30 days  from the lifting of ECQ is what it says - the term lockdown is open to interpretation but ECQ is not.  Now, what they actually mean is anyone's guess but what it states is clear enough.  

peterfe
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, ducecoop said:

As I understand the latest rules for MGCQ, written in not very clear English, people over 60 and under 21 are allowed to go out for work and "accessing essential goods and services" but for nothing else. So I certainly think you could go to the BI, but I imagine you don't need to yet.

There are now so many places under MGCQ, including Davao, Iloilo, Quezon and many more that there must be a good number of BIs in MGCQ areas. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has gone to one, and whether it was "business as usual" (plus masks) or whether they said "OK, we'll extend for you, but you were really supposed to wait until the end of MGCQ/the lockdown". 

Just to confuse the matter further, there is now "high risk'' and "low risk" MCGQ. "Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said areas not included in the said lists (i.e. the long lists of MGCQ areas published recently) are placed under “low risk” MGCQ quarantine classification. Under IATF resolution No. 48, series of 2020, there are two kinds of MGCQ: moderate risk and low risk".   

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, peterfe said:

people over 60  are allowed to go out for work and "accessing essential goods and services" but for nothing else.

I am over 60, I live on my own now so need to be able to go out buy food/ pay bills etc. I just went to the Barangay Office told them the situation, they issued me with a numbered pass, said if I had any problems just contact them. Have never been questioned about the pass, only I drive to the malls and my pass number is an even number my car rego number is an odd number so I just show my rego papers, no problem.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has gone to one, and whether it was "business as usual" (plus masks)

Went to BI on Mactan earlier this month, no problems with a visa ext, as usual excellent service, was there maybe 20 minutes for renewal. All good

peterfe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

Went to BI on Mactan earlier this month, no problems with a visa ext, as usual excellent service, was there maybe 20 minutes for renewal. All good

That sounds good. Yes, BI in Mactan are friendly and helpful, I always go there now. Did they give you a six-month extension?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, peterfe said:

That sounds good. Yes, BI in Mactan are friendly and helpful, I always go there now. Did they give you a six-month extension?

I didn't ask, only got a 2 month ext, I am not sure but before you had to go to Cebu B.I for a 6 month but who knows now. Will ask next time I go.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic