Is Government Assistance On the Way Now ?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Re  Food relief packs.

The source of funding wasn't mentioned in the item I read, posted in another ------ place, but the individual reported on 3/26 that in a relative's Los Banos barangay the residents received:

2 kg. rice  /   3 pkts noodles   /   4 pkts. coffee  /  3 tins sardines  /  1 bar soap  /  1 bottle hand sanitize r.

I thought the soap and hand alcohol as very good additions.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK today SWMBO gave me the list and we organized a 25kg sack of rice, a tray of eggs and some cans of sardines for each of the family sub groups that are around Ozamiz.  Should keep them going for a while during the lock down.  A trusted family member (very smart lady) there will organize the buying and delivery. 

Nb we ended up swapping out the sardines for hot dog 

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

In my area, nothing has been done as yet. Same with my wife's family location. They don't seem surprised.

I did see a couple of folks from the HOA going around the streets yesterday collecting names of Seniors but they did not knock doors, only asked people who happened to be outside in gardens. Very much a hit n miss approach but isn't that the way here? I suspect no more than a box ticking exercise rather than a real attempt to identify seniors.

• Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

OK today SWMBO gave me the list and we organized a 25kg sack of rice, a tray of eggs and some cans of sardines for each of the family sub groups that are around Ozamiz.  Should keep them going for a while during the lock down.  A trusted family member (very smart lady) there will organize the buying and delivery. 

Very wise to obey your wife.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

In my area, nothing has been done as yet. Same with my wife's family location. They don't seem surprised.

I did see a couple of folks from the HOA going around the streets yesterday collecting names of Seniors but they did not knock doors, only asked people who happened to be outside in gardens. Very much a hit n miss approach but isn't that the way here? I suspect no more than a box ticking exercise rather than a real attempt to identify seniors.

Our Barangay delivered a sack of rice, can of sardines, and 2 packs of noodles the other day. At least they are trying.:shades:

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Very wise to obey your wife.:biggrin:

I am practised enough that I actually managed to make it look like it was my idea... by taking a hint (doesn't happen often) :hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Our Barangay delivered a sack of rice, can of sardines, and 2 packs of noodles the other day. At least they are trying.:shades:

From what I've heard from the family in various areas they're doing better than most...

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

The first of the food packages are being delivered to the poor family members in Ozamiz (by the family member there I asked to do the distribution who is doing the videoing).  I thought it might be of interest to some of the members.   There is of course a huge difference in living conditions between the TV and radio reporter with her own broadcast studio and the poorest of the family members but they are all family. 

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Agreed. 

Anything is better than nothing. We live in what is classed as probably an area that doesn't need support. I'm more thinking about my wife's community. Of course I could chip in but every peso out of my pocket is a peso I've worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week to earn - it's the government's responsibility. 

I will help if It's needed.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Very touching videos Geoff, thanks for sharing them.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic