Taking One Pre-Schooler To U.S Without Wife

OHNO
Posted
Posted

Just to eliminate the obvious question, there is nothing shady or illegal going on. My wife and I want to give our 5 year old a chance to see civilization once the pandemic lifts. I figure I have six months to gather information. Just the father and child plan do go with enthusiastic support of the wife. The wife will be with a newborn and her never ending supply of family.

Can anybody give advice? It is received with much gratitude and thanks. Trying to avoid a bureaucratic snafu.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Does the youngster have a US passport?   I assume you would need a certified copy of the birth certificate that shows you as the father.  You also might expect to be seriously questioned by authorities who are charged with preventing child trafficking.  In all honesty many people will think it odd to take a five year old to the USA to see "civilization".  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted

Ok so I need something called a certified copy of the birth certificate which is simply considered the one issued by NCO? That in addition to wife's notarized approval (which I already researched). I’m not looking for value judgements, just somebody more educated then me to give ideas. Assuming Summer of 2021 the coast will be clear. Hopefully for all of us. No urgency trying to gather knowledge. Standard google sites lack specificity. Thank you very much for the reply.

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Isn't it sad this is the world we live in.  Guy can't take his own son on a trip without seeming suspicious.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OHNO said:

I’m not looking for value judgements, just somebody more educated then me to give ideas

I am not making a value judgement.   What I am saying is that you will need to be prepared for some serious questioning.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, OHNO said:

wife's notarized approval (which I already researched).

My experience with a financial transaction involving notarized documents was that anything notarized here in Philippines may likely not be accepted in USA. Please be careful. And good luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted

Mom is thrilled for giving him a new experience. We have no problem with NSO BS+ US PPort+ a handmade notarized letter from the wife and a notarized letter from a local lawyer or even Consolate saying my wife agrees with signatures. Plus it all makes sense since we have a window to visit and he never saw his home in the states. 

That’s why I am speaking collective wisdom here since if common sense counted I would not need to ask for help. My timeline is so long, up to six months up to July 2021, just seeking guidance. No urgency.

Big thank you.

OHNO
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Does the youngster have a US passport?   I assume you would need a certified copy of the birth certificate that shows you as the father.  You also might expect to be seriously questioned by authorities who are charged with preventing child trafficking.  In all honesty many people will think it odd to take a five year old to the USA to see "civilization".  

Would you be kind enough to enlighten me what a certified copy of a child's birth certificate is, based on the verbiage I have to assume that is more then just the BS. I’m not sure what is wrong with celebrating when/lf the pandemic is lifted by traveling with him but these third world countries are unpredictable to the extreme hence I am grateful for advise.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

OHNO
Posted
Posted

I am wrong, definitely not trying to be a know it all, but the DSWD is for not having a parent with the child. I will read it again maybe correct myself.