Taking One Pre-Schooler To U.S Without Wife

OHNO
Posted
Posted

I don’t think I can edit spelling or supplement posts here is what I read:

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/the-philippines-2/dswd-travel-clearance-for-filipino-minors-2/

“... if the child will travel out of the Philippines, either alone or with an adult other than a parent.”

But I am reading fast and open to correction.

Thank you for the community interest. 🙏🏻

OHNO
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

My experience with a financial transaction involving notarized documents was that anything notarized here in Philippines may likely not be accepted in USA. Please be careful. And good luck to you.

Fantastic advice. I will go to consulate for the notary keeping in mind I am the type to plan six to twelve months ahead. (2021).

Currently seeking collective wisdom. .  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Please consider that you may need to visit the US embassy in Manila for notary. However, some members have mentioned the possibility of getting online notarization. I know nothing about that. Getting something notarized at the embassy will cost you about $50 per document plus the hassle and expense of going there. There used to be a consulate in Cebu?

Also check the US immigration website (the official one, not one of the "fixer" sites) for information. Do not rely totally on Philippine rules, but look at and learn all rules...

• Love it 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Please consider that you may need to visit the US embassy in Manila for notary. However, some members have mentioned the possibility of getting online notarization. I know nothing about that. Getting something notarized at the embassy will cost you about $50 per document plus the hassle and expense of going there. There used to be a consulate in Cebu?

Also check the US immigration website (the official one, not one of the "fixer" sites) for information. Do not rely totally on Philippine rules, but look at and learn all rules...

I’m shooting for Waterfront consulate but same point thank you.    

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OHNO said:

the DSWD is for not having a parent with the child.

You know your circumstances better than we do so if you are sure you are exempt then perhaps you are.

To give legitimate advice it would be helpfull to know if you and the mother are legally married and if the child is your biological or if there is any other claimant or if there was an adoption.  Many questions could be asked.  Those questions will be asked by a BI official when you leave the country so better to check it all out now.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You know your circumstances better than we do so if you are sure you are exempt then perhaps you are.

To give legitimate advice it would be helpfull to know if you and the mother are legally married and if the child is your biological or if there is any other claimant or if there was an adoption.  Many questions could be asked.  Those questions will be asked by a BI official when you leave the country so better to check it all out now.

Dave, Thank you for for the relevant questions. My mistake was to think because I am completely legit everybody here can magically read my mind. We are the boring married, child born in wedlock. I am a typical neurotic and probably has every legal document related to birth and after I run out of them I have pictures of the little monster stuffing carrots in his nose. Yes we are legit as most people define it.

Thank you for the highly productive questions so I don’t miss anything. (sincerely) 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OHNO said:

Yes we are legit as most people define it

Just to put your mind at ease, you "should" have no problem at all. Sense you have lots of time, just fill out all the paper work, cross you I's and dot your T's and you'll be find. Most like long and drawn out process, but you got the time :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OHNO said:

Thank you for the highly productive questions so I don’t miss anything.

Then you are unlikely to have any problems.  A married man, with a biological child who has his birth certificate, and with a notarized letter from the mother giving approval, should have only minimal problems travelling back to his home country.

The minimum problems I envision are: 

Serious grilling at the emigration booth.  Those people have the authority to disallow your departure at their whim.  To deter that you could enquire via the BI Facebook messenger link as to whether there are requirements you do not know of.

What passport is he travelling on?  If Philippines then he will need a permanent resident visa for the US.  If USA passport then the BI have been known to charge kids as overstays as they are "foreigners".  I suspect both passports would be the ideal situation.

So best of luck getting through the bureaucracy but it should work out for you.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

cross you I's and dot your T's

Scott?:89:

Just checking...

Edited by Tommy T.

OHNO
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Then you are unlikely to have any problems.  A married man, with a biological child who has his birth certificate, and with a notarized letter from the mother giving approval, should have only minimal problems travelling back to his home country.

The minimum problems I envision are: 

Serious grilling at the emigration booth.  Those people have the authority to disallow your departure at their whim.  To deter that you could enquire via the BI Facebook messenger link as to whether there are requirements you do not know of.

What passport is he travelling on?  If Philippines then he will need a permanent resident visa for the US.  If USA passport then the BI have been known to charge kids as overstays as they are "foreigners".  I suspect both passports would be the ideal situation.

So best of luck getting through the bureaucracy but it should work out for you.

He has both PP. Thing is I am one of those types that plan six months + ahead. I never thight of BI facebook. I will use that when we get closer because the way rule changes.

Thank all you for the superlative welcome.

• Like 1