PLDT Upgrade

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Has anyone got problems with PLDT? This is the only site I can get on without having to wait for 10 minuets to load.

I noticed that some road works on the main road, might be that and I just did a speedtest and got 200 Mbps, I kid you not I'm only paying for 50 Mbps. Strange, It was like this yesterday, Not my PC either the wifes laptop the same. 

Yup... Here in Davao, speed test varies lately from 0-30 mbps. Usually it shows 25-30. A while ago there was signal but nothing connected. Now it is a bit better...

• Like 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

just did a speedtest and got 200 Mbps, I kid you not I'm only paying for 50 Mbps.

Same here, the speedtests are fast, but apps load really slow, especially phone apps, started yesterday.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I'm paying for PLDT 25 meg, so not too bad. :smile:

11165941630.png

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

PLDT has an upgrade plan that might benefit some of you.  Only good til the end of the month.  Link down below.

I have been paying p3730 for 50 mbps + Cignal digital HD TV for 5 years, and that started out with SubicTel, a PLDT subsidiary.  I usually get 50-75 mbps.  After my 2 year term was up, I asked at the Subictel office about getting a lower rate, more than once.  They acted like they had never heard of that concept, and said no, not possible.  Since then, Subictel was merged back into PLDT, so I have to deal with PLDT directly.

So a while back I got an e-mail from PLDT about this upgrade promo.  I called the number today and it is all automated.  I was only offered the p3799 plan as a choice, which is 200 mbps.  So I did not go for it.

I called the 171 service number, and asked to drop Cignal and lower my cost.  At first he said if I dropped Cignal, it would only drop to p3500.  The p230 is the Cignal box rental.  I said that is ridiculous, I am a 5 year customer and you want to charge me more than new customers.  So he did some checking.  He said if I would accept a onetime p500 "downgrade" fee, he could offer me p2099 for 100 mbps.  I said sign me up.  I double and tripled checked with him, p2099 for 100 mbps.  That seems odd because on the web, it says 2099 is 50 mbps.

He said it would take 24-48 hours, but about an hour after we talked, I did a speedcheck and it measures over 150 mbps.

I kept the Cignal for now, so in theory, my bill should now be 2099 + 230 = 2329.  Time will tell.

https://pldthome.com/supersaverbooster?utm_source=AIA&utm_medium=EDM&utm_campaign=supersaverbooster

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update regarding PLDT...

Last night we were able to watch a movie almost uninterrupted for the first time in several days. The previous days were impossible with speeds showing mostly between 0-10 mbs and continuous interruptions. Websites were sometimes slow but streaming simply was not working.

We may still add on Cignal in future but will just wait for now - in spite of the aforementioned special - until PLDT settles down some more...

Edited by Tommy T.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Last night we were able to watch a movie almost uninterrupted for the first time in several days.

PLDT, seems to work better at night. I can stream movies without any buffering, even UK live TV shows.

Might be that the farcebook media kids have gone to bed.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

PLDT, seems to work better at night. I can stream movies without any buffering, even UK live TV shows.

Ours has always worked best in daytime or late at night. As someone mentioned some time ago in this topic(?), the worst time seems to be at or around 8pm. That has been the case almost continually. We think that might be prime time for FaceBook and the rest of the social media? By 8:15 or 8:30, all is well (except for the current staccato service due to problems).

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We may still add on Cignal in future but will just wait for now - in spite of the aforementioned special - until PLDT settles down some more...

The special has nothing to do with Cignal but yes, Cignal would not work well if PLDT is not working well.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Anybody using Express VPN while testing?  I just realized something is wrong when connected to Express VPN San Francisco server.  Los Angeles is fine.