Jump to content

PLDT Upgrade


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Anybody using Express VPN while testing?  I just realized something is wrong when connected to Express VPN San Francisco server.  Los Angeles is fine.

 

I just tested using Cyberghost to London. Got 85 Kbps lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Anybody using Express VPN while testing?  I just realized something is wrong when connected to Express VPN San Francisco server.  Los Angeles is fine.

 

Yes... I use Express VPN for the TV and computers but not for the cell phones.

Speed tests do vary by time. Back to back testing has gone at times from virtually 0 up to 20+ within just a few minutes...

I switched a while back to the Seattle server from San Francisco and that seemed to improve service greatly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

he could offer me p2099 for 100 mbps.  I said sign me up.  I double and tripled checked with him, p2099 for 100 mbps.  That seems odd because on the web, it says 2099 is 50 mbps.

I'm hoping you got a deal but I'm thinking you didn't.

First, he shouldn't have charged you a downgrade fee, since you were already in a 50 mbps plan, unless he meant downgrade from Cignal...

Second, your 100 mbps is the temp boost speed, after a month of that it will drop to the regular 2099 plan 50 mbps.

He did give you one deal though, because those discounts are only for upgrades, meaning you were only supposed to get the 100 mbps or 200 mbps with discounts, but he gave you the 50 plan with discount.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

First, he shouldn't have charged you a downgrade fee, since you were already in a 50 mbps plan, unless he meant downgrade from Cignal...

I agree that it is not logical, but I was happy to pay $10 to get the problem solved at his level.  The "downgrade" was from my original 3500 plan to a 2099 plan.

6 minutes ago, Shady said:

Second, your 100 mbps is the temp boost speed, after a month of that it will drop to the regular 2099 plan 50 mbps.

Maybe.  Fine with me.  Wait and see.  I asked him 3 times what the speed was and he said 100.  I'm getting over 150 which is what they say it should be with the temporary boost.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree that it is not logical, but I was happy to pay $10 to get the problem solved at his level.  The "downgrade" was from my original 3500 plan to a 2099 plan.

Maybe.  Fine with me.  Wait and see.  I asked him 3 times what the speed was and he said 100.  I'm getting over 150 which is what they say it should be with the temporary boost.

 

Regardless, you're saving around 1400php a month for, at worst, the same as you had before - not the worst deal you'll get.

I just upgraded my Globe plan - same price and increase from 30mbps to 35mbps.  No big jump but will allow me to get Netflix in 4k more often than I currently do.  Taking Globe (1899php) and Cignal (1880php with 2 boxes)  together we are paying about what you were before.  That said, we have more channels on Cignal than with the PLDT plan but a lower speed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Taking Globe (1899php) and Cignal (1880php with 2 boxes)  together we are paying about what you were before. 

This is what am still confused about.  A gray area for now.  I was paying for a Fibr/Cignal package obtained through Subictel.  I just looked at the old paperwork and the Fibr monthly was 3500.  The Cignal was free Cignal Triple Play package + 230 for Cignal box rental per month.

So I have no idea what is going to happen with my Cignal.  Actually we wanted to drop it anyway because we no longer use it.  Now I have to wait for the April 1 billing to see what happens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still happy with what my 25 meg 'Home Fiber' @ p1899/month PLDT deal is giving me...so won't be phoning anyone to complain. :smile:

.

11179622509.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

This is what am still confused about.  A gray area for now.  I was paying for a Fibr/Cignal package obtained through Subictel.  I just looked at the old paperwork and the Fibr monthly was 3500.  The Cignal was free Cignal Triple Play package + 230 for Cignal box rental per month.

So I have no idea what is going to happen with my Cignal.  Actually we wanted to drop it anyway because we no longer use it.  Now I have to wait for the April 1 billing to see what happens.

I see.  

Certainly the Cignal box is 230php a month - that's what we pay directly to Cignal for our extra box.

Anyhow, if you were going to drop it anyway then I suppose it doesn't really matter as it was "free" anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 10:24 PM, OnMyWay said:

So he did some checking.  He said if I would accept a onetime p500 "downgrade" fee, he could offer me p2099 for 100 mbps.  I said sign me up.  I double and tripled checked with him, p2099 for 100 mbps.  That seems odd because on the web, it says 2099 is 50 mbps.

I got my first bill, and as expected, it is not what I expected.  :89:  The guy kept telling my 2099 for 100 mbps, and I triple checked with him.  Maybe he is dyslexic.  My plan is the 2999 100 mbps plan.

However, and I didn't realize this before, we don't get charged VAT in the freeport, so my actual monthly charge is 2677.68 + 230 for the Cignal box rental = 2907.68.  My bill was lowered by about 800.

They did charge me the onetime 500 "downgrade" fee but without VAT it is only 446.

I'm getting 150+ mbps, so I will just go with this.  The plan 2999 does include 2 mesh routers, but my house setup is ok, so I am not going to bother asking for them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Finally, after 6 days without internet connection two guys from PLDT turn up and put some fresh cable down.

Their customer care is pathetic, looking for another ISP when the two year contracts up. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...