PLDT Upgrade

graham59
Posted
Posted

My PLDT Fiber (50meg p1999 a month plan) is galloping along today, up here in deepest Pangasinan... :dance:

speedtest 29Oct2021.png

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 10/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, graham59 said:

My PLDT Fiber (50meg p1999 a month plan) is galloping along today, up here in deepest Pangasinan... :dance:

speedtest 29Oct2021.png

Yeah, I sometimes get silly ones like that. Try using a VPN to the UK!

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Pldt send my wife emails every day offering upgrades to 100mbs and beyond and they phone her often as well our internet speed this morning was 4mbs we have lost connection almost everyday for 2 weeks, have to keep resetting the router to reconnect ! And if they think we are going to pay more for a so called upgrade no chance !

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

13241027182.png

Middle of the day, 100 Mb fibre plan in Cagayan De Oro with Parasat.

It's been fairly reliable the last couple of months and I haven't seen the speed dip under 50MBps which is plenty for us.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/5/2022 at 11:34 AM, GeoffH said:

Middle of the day, 100 Mb fibre plan in Cagayan De Oro with Parasat.

I have a SKY, P999 plan which is 20mb. Usually get just under 30mb.  Plenty of speed for us and was a few years ago when l had a 10mb plan too.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My over Smart the air sucks since the typhoon.   Not as realiable, speeds slower (used to be 70+), and can drop to dust a couple megs per seconds.   Often have to switch over to my phone and set up a hot spot.  The phone has Globe.

image.png

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We're with Globe and have their 2199php plan 200mbps Fiber.  Very reliable with only 3 or so disconnections in the 18 months we've had fiber.  Speeds are very consistent at 230mbps download and 210mbps upload.  That said, we have 2 particular neighbours who have the same set up and constantly complain about disconnections etc so who knows!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 10/28/2021 at 7:56 PM, graham59 said:

My PLDT Fiber (50meg p1999 a month plan) is galloping along today

13519791385.png

I just had Fiber installed here in Canada.  Seems my results are similar to what you folks in the Philippines are getting.  I wonder how long the fast speeds last?  Has anyone had their connection for a year or more and do the speeds go down?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

13519791385.png

I just had Fiber installed here in Canada.  Seems my results are similar to what you folks in the Philippines are getting.  I wonder how long the fast speeds last?  Has anyone had their connection for a year or more and do the speeds go down?

I've had Globe for 7 years now and have not experienced any reduction in speed over that time with the various plans I've had - quite the opposite with speeds now pretty much consistently over what is "promised. " I've no idea why they would go down unless the local box is over-subscribed and as more connections are added they need to throttle everyone's speed but with fiber common now I doubt that's an issue.

For me, the provided speed is 15-20% above promised and pretty much always.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

13519791385.png

Dave, what is the name of that server in Los Angeles?  Just for fun, I will test on it.