PLDT Upgrade

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

And SPFL.  Good news is we have Korean and Chinese football instead! Actually, the Dutch football has been on Cignal for a couple of seasons already.  It's ok but not up to EPL standards. 

This is a recurring theme here, with Bein Sports taking it up for a couple of seasons and then dropping it and Premier Football stepping in after a season and showing it for 2 and then dropping - clearly there's just not enough demand here for it. Strangely, there was no additional charge for Premier Football - it was included in the 1650 package.  

I have premier sports as an add-on 200 peso or should I say had.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Perhaps it has something to do with Amazon Prime picking up the channel.  According to this article you can get it if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.  Just a suggestion that may or may not work in the Philippines.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/premier-sports-amazon-prime-video-channel/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimeve said:

Sure.  But what I mean was when they added Premier Football/Premier Sports etc etc to the channel line-up they didn't increase the monthly fee for those who were on the full package - it was added free of charge.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps it has something to do with Amazon Prime picking up the channel.  According to this article you can get it if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.  Just a suggestion that may or may not work in the Philippines.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/premier-sports-amazon-prime-video-channel/

Thanks for the info - It's a no-go though.

Premier Sports do not have the rights for EPL from this season so even if you subscribed to Amazon Prime Video and Premier Sports you would simply get the same coverage as Cignal and SKY Cable here so no EPL.