PLDT Upgrade

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Didn't know that Cignal had cable. Maybe you were thinking of something else?:mellow:

They have a partnership with PLDT.

https://pldthome.com/cignal

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Why do you need 3 WiFi routers? We have one and everybody is happy with it. Are you opening up a computer shop?:huh:

I live in a mansion

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm probably paying too much for my PLDT Fibr and Cignal Cable.  I'm still paying the same as when I started 4 years ago.  About p3700 a month for 50 MBPS and a lot of Cignal channels including 13 HD channels.

Until recently our PLDT was actually Subictel, a subsidiary, and their plans were different.  In January, Subitel merged back into PLDT so we are the same as everyone else.  Last year, I went to the Subictel office and asked about ending my plan and getting a new plan that offered the same but was cheaper.  I got the deer in the headlights look.

So now, I might be able to get a new plan for less money.  However, I'm afraid I might jinx myself.  A lot of people in our area complain about PLDT Fibr all the time.  Slow, outages, etc.  A lot of people are using Converge now.  I have actually had really good service with Subictel / PLDT Fibr for almost 4 years now.  If I switch, I might end up in the same boat as the complainers!

Right now 41/49 down/up while connected to ExpressVPN Los Angeles.  I disconnected and get 51/111 on a Pasig server.  For the last two years, most of the time I was getting 100+/200 on local servers.

I pay for Cignal separate ( Satellite). 520 plan. Not keen on it TBH.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Why do you need 3 WiFi routers? We have one and everybody is happy with it. Are you opening up a computer shop?:huh:

Some wifi routers can be set to act as wifi repeaters and most routers don't work as well on different floors to the one they're on so some people will install a wifi repeater (or a second router in repeater mode).

I'm not playing games and our internet isn't exactly blazing fast anyway so we just paid for a cable run to the middle of the three floors and put the router in the middle floor of the house and our wifi works great on the middle floor and ok on the ground floor and top floor.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

I'm not playing games and our internet isn't exactly blazing fast anyway so we just paid for a cable run to the middle of the three floors and put the router in the middle floor of the house and our wifi works great on the middle floor and ok on the ground floor and top floor.

Our modem is in the middle floor and we get a good signal on the ground and 3rd floor, also I went to the other side of the compound about 40 meters away and got a good enough signal 17 Mbps, that was using my phone for the speedtest. That's not using the 3 tp links routers. Not had chance to set them up yet. I use a repeater for the Guest house, 17 meters away but only can get a signal outside, inside very weak signal. I may have to run a lan cable from the router to the guest house.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I pay for Cignal separate ( Satellite). 520 plan. Not keen on it TBH.

Not sure what you are not keen on, but if you want to keep it, maybe add it onto your FIBR instead of the dish.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Not sure what you are not keen on, but if you want to keep it, maybe add it onto your FIBR instead of the dish.

The lip sync is way off, don't if there is a setting on the cignal box! there is a setting on my TV but it makes it worse. And not all the series on the guide match up to what you watch. And I get fed up with all the repeats.

Edit. it's like watching those Bruce Lee films. Enter the dragon, lips move then seconds later the voice comes out. :hystery:

Edited by jimeve
extra info.
  • Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Is there a problem with lip sync with Cignal streaming?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Is there a problem with lip sync with Cignal streaming?

Our Cignal works fine on the Fibr.  We never had a problem with the voice sync.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2020 at 6:50 PM, OnMyWay said:

Our Cignal works fine on the Fibr.  We never had a problem with the voice sync.

OMW, I was perusing topics looking for Cignal and yours popped up.

I am considering trying it out since we have a new fiber connection at the house. It looks like it has all the channels I would be interested in at the P1,500/month level.

Are you happy overall with the system?

And did your wife sign you up or did you do that? If you signed up, how much hassle was it?

Thanks!