Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I also learned about the included landline phone. It will only call other PLDT landline phones.

PLDT customer service told me I could go to the office and request my phone be opened up to all calls.  If approved then I would have to pay for all calls that were not to other local PLDT phones but the service is available once your land line is installed.  I never bothered to go for it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had an upgrade from PLDt home fibr, an extra P200 for a total 50mbps  and 3 (three) WIFI Mesh TP-LINK  deco routers. Don't know why they sent 3, maybe because we have 3 floors. The courier w

Streaming : Need picnic basket 

You are right. Actually, PLDT changes the offering once or twice a year. When I signed up for my plan, Home Fibr 6099 was called if memory serves me, the Google Mesh were included. I told them I

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Shady said:

Mine will call any phone, including international.

I see. I was just going by what was related on the PLDT web site... But seems to clarify it here:

6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

PLDT customer service told me I could go to the office and request my phone be opened up to all calls.  If approved then I would have to pay for all calls that were not to other local PLDT phones but the service is available once your land line is installed.  I never bothered to go for it.

I won't bother either... It's a cheap phone with no speaker function. I also use Skype with a USA number because that's the only international place I call. And if I had to pay for all non-PLDT calls, then it's just as easy to call using the cell phone. Actually easier, since then I can walk around and not have to be sitting right at the phone.

Thanks for the info!

Land lines.... I can actually remember when I had one - decades ago!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I have the PLDT 25 meg fiber service. The supplied 'free' landline phone is handy in case they (PLDT) or anyone else want to call you though...and for calling PLDT if you have a problem. 

My 25 meg normally runs at about 30, which I think is good value... and (touch wood) is very steady and reliable. We do live out in the countryside though, so perhaps not too many other users. 

.

903850f478cdafabcba98cd3b4649b3cfa55f270.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I see. I was just going by what was related on the PLDT web site... But seems to clarify it here:

I won't bother either... It's a cheap phone with no speaker function. I also use Skype with a USA number because that's the only international place I call. And if I had to pay for all non-PLDT calls, then it's just as easy to call using the cell phone. Actually easier, since then I can walk around and not have to be sitting right at the phone.

Thanks for the info!

Land lines.... I can actually remember when I had one - decades ago!

Our landline is handy for calling local businesses.  Order pizza, find out hours, etc.  All free.  Also use it a lot to find our missing cell phones by ringing them!  :smile:

i think we can call and receive from any number, but only calls to 047 landlines are free.  My bill has been exactly the same, p3730, for months.  If I make chargeable calls, it goes up a bit.  I think my highest bill was 3800+ when I needed to make some calls to Manila.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Yes, I have the PLDT 25 meg fiber service. The supplied 'free' landline phone is handy in case they (PLDT) or anyone else want to call you though...and for calling PLDT if you have a problem. 

My 25 meg normally runs at about 30, which I think is good value... and (touch wood) is very steady and reliable. We do live out in the countryside though, so perhaps not too many other users. 

.

903850f478cdafabcba98cd3b4649b3cfa55f270.png

I use my Express VPN almost full time on my laptop because it works so well.  Once in a while I turn it off because a Philippine website dislikes my U.S. location.  I am paying for 50 mbps.

(Side note: at the same time as I am testing, my daughter's Google classroom went down.  They are overloaded!)

With Express VPN, San Jose, CA, USA server:

Screenshot (58).png

Same U.S. server, no VPN.

Screenshot (59).png

Philippines server, no VPN

Screenshot (60).png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
On 10/12/2020 at 10:44 AM, OnMyWay said:

Order pizza

With most pizza places having an app or online order and or Grab/Foodpanda I would have thought not  many would still phone an order in these days :cheers:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

With most pizza places having an app or online order and or Grab/Foodpanda I would have thought not  many would still phone an order in these days :cheers:

We all have habits.  My family likes our local Pizza Hut.  Much easier to call than go online.  I call and leave.  Ready in 12-15 minutes.  Back to the house in less than 30.   No traffic, easy relaxing drive.  Delivery takes 45-60 from the order time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered this product but after several false delivery claims I decided not to buy it. I was fed up with the false information from PLDT. They are now charging me for cancelling even though they never had stock of the mesh system. I am not the only person who this has happened to.You cannot get the billing department to answer any questions. The other person went to their office waited 5 hours and got nowhere with them.Try to phone and it just keeps you on hold,email well I don`t think the employees can read as they don`t answer. I bought an ASUS router-repeater which was 15-1700 pesos and that works very well. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I ordered this product but after several false delivery claims I decided not to buy it.

Sorry, sonjack2847... I think I got lost along the way here. Are you referring to Cignal service?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another reason to keep the 2 services separate Tom is that Cignal have a very good customer service whilst it seems that neither Globe not PLDT can say the same.  Also, Globe used to be tied in with Cignal in the way PLDT are now but no longer so it can be a pain in the ass unbundling the 2, especially if so many others are doing so at the same time - I'm not saying PLDT will break from Cignal but who knows.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...