Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Ah, okay... now I understand - sort-of. I am totally ignorant about streaming and actually a lot of what the internet provides. I am a plugger of old school programming and computer capabilities. But give me a wrench, screwdriver and C basic and I can fly!

It's the size of a thumb drive so you can take it with you, just need a HDMI port to plug into your TV, laptop or computer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had an upgrade from PLDt home fibr, an extra P200 for a total 50mbps  and 3 (three) WIFI Mesh TP-LINK  deco routers. Don't know why they sent 3, maybe because we have 3 floors. The courier w

Streaming : Need picnic basket 

This reminds me of the priest that booked into a sleezy hotel.  He asked the front desk if the porn channel was disabled. "No it's just regular porn" said the receptionist.  

Posted Images

Just now, jimeve said:

It's the size of a thumb drive so you can take it with you, just need a HDMI port to plug into your TV, laptop or computer.

That sounds really good. I guess I need to get me one of those!

What sort of TV programs can you get with this? Any US news? Cable channels?

Sorry for all the questions, but this thing intrigues me and sounds very good at a reasonable price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

That sounds really good. I guess I need to get me one of those!

What sort of TV programs can you get with this? Any US news? Cable channels?

Sorry for all the questions, but this thing intrigues me and sounds very good at a reasonable price.

Forgot to mention, better to have a good VPN to hide your IP. Then you can get more TV programs from USA, Canada, UK.

Most news channels, like Fox news, sports, Amazon Prime but you need an Amazon account for that one.

Best bet is to look on google or YouTube, loads of information on YouTube.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Forgot to mention, better to have a good VPN to hide your IP. Then you can get more TV programs from USA, Canada, UK.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Jim.

Yeah, I understand. I already have a great VPN now that sets me in San Francisco. In the six months using it, it has been wonderful and makes access to banks, investments, etc. very easy. It's definitely worth the few dollars annually for the service. I wish I knew about this before... So...still learning...

I have not done anything with You Tube so I guess that will be my next learning.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah, I understand. I already have a great VPN now that sets me in San Francisco. In the six months using it, it has been wonderful and makes access to banks, investments, etc. very easy. It's definitely worth the few dollars annually for the service.

Tommy, for the Firestik you will need a VPN that is good for streaming.  Not all VPNs are good for that and usuall the low cost ones don't work well for streaming.  Your experience may vary...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Tommy, for the Firestik you will need a VPN that is good for streaming.  Not all VPNs are good for that and usuall the low cost ones don't work well for streaming.  Your experience may vary...

Thanks for that, Hobbit. I guess I will just have to try it out with the VPN I am using now and see if it flies. If not, then I can always change. But now I understand why it may not work well - another thing to contemplate.

Edited by Tommy T.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, I ran a speed test using the internet connection with the cell system and the VPN in San Francisco. It showed a very steady 10 mbs/sec. I have not yet tried testing the VPN with the PLDT landline fiber connection. So that will happen next time I remember to take the laptop to the home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Forgot to mention, better to have a good VPN to hide your IP. Then you can get more TV programs from USA, Canada, UK.

Most news channels, like Fox news, sports, Amazon Prime but you need an Amazon account for that one.

Best bet is to look on google or YouTube, loads of information on YouTube.

Isn't a firestick simply a way to turn a "normal" TV into a smart TV? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Isn't a firestick simply a way to turn a "normal" TV into a smart TV? 

Much more than that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...