Posted

Simple bread recipe 

560g Bread Flower 

10g sea salt

5g yeast 

300ml water 120deg f

20ml oil 

Add yeast to warm water wait ten minutes 

Stand mixer bowl add flower salt hand mix  to combine add oil then water with yeast.

With dough hook mix low until combined then increase speed to 4 a total of ten minutes.

Let rise covered until double sized

Roll out by hand to fit greased bread pan.

Cover let rise thirty minutes.

Bake 450f ten minutes lower to 400f continue another twenty minutes total thirty minutes. Let cool and eat.

This is the first time I’ve baked this recipe I have always used more ingredients with sugar. It’s chewy clean neutral flavor good for French toast or toasted cheese sandwiches.

E8E363EA-BC48-4E75-936A-23FC4D72FC97.jpeg

A84EECB0-039C-45F7-B306-C15C3C19F5C4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

It looks great! I can practically smell that wonderful fresh bread aroma.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

This sandwich is a simple reprise of the meatloaf recipe - using the leftovers - if there are any! This is also my usual bacon cheese burger method too:

Slice big burger buns in half horizontally and lightly butter the insides. Cut a slice about 1/2 inch thick off the meat loaf. Thin slice some yellow or red onion - enough to cover the meat - 2 slices will usually do it. Slice off as much of any cheese you prefer. Thin slice some tomato - maybe four from  the little ones you usually find here. Finally, thinly slice some cucumber leaving skin on. The cucumber adds a really nice freshness to the flavour and a satisfying crunch. I used to use dill pickles but now find them a bit too salty and I don't need more salt in my diet.

If you are doing burgers instead, I make mine a bit heavy using 200 gms each. You must really squish them down or they get too thick when cooking. Put a dimple in the middle of each side to help prevent that.

Heat your pan moderately and put in the sliced buns, sliced and buttered side down first. brown lightly then flip and do the other side and remove to plate when done.

Remove the buns and any residue (so they won't burn). Make sure the pan is medium hot or higher and slide in the meat loaf or burger patties. The meat loaf will get hot and brown fairly quickly (maybe just 2 minutes) and the burgers take about 5 minutes per side. After flipping, ease the cheese slices on top - maybe wait a couple minutes for the burger. If the cheese doesn't start melting quickly enough, put a lid on the pan until cheese just starts to melt.

Saute the onion slices, if you wish, or use them raw. (I prefer soft and slightly charred).

Remove the meat loaf or burger and place on the bun. If you cooked some bacon, put that on now. Today I added a fried egg on top of that. Next, add the onions then ketchup on top. Next go the cucumber slices,  and tomato. Place some lettuce on the top bun and add mayo after so it is inside the lettuce. I recently learned that if you put the mayo on the bun - like I always did before - the bun gets soggy...no more.

Put it all together then sit down with a cold beer and enjoy!

You will quickly notice that these are not easy to eat. And that what I put together started to slide off the plare too. It is better to just sort of tip them up off your plate and then put your face down to them to eat. Try picking one up and you will discover the wisdom of my words. It's a bit less messy that way and you also look like you know what you are doing. Today I needed two paper towels to mop up mouth and fingers and the mess on the table...

Anyway... that's what I did for today's lunch. Probably no need for dinner:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:.

meatloaf sandwich.jpg

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

A word of advice. Don't let your meat loaf!:laugh:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted