Comparison of Money Transfer Methods

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2022 at 11:40 PM, StayAtHomeDad said:

Hi. How do you use WU to send money to yourself here in the Philippines? How do you verify address, account and other information? Thanks

I've done it multiple times. I log into the WU app on my phone with my VPN set to Australia then I go into the Western Union branch, give them the transaction number and show them my ID (my passport). 

It is generally easier to send to my SO's local bank account so I do that more often.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I've done it nultiple times. I log into the WU app on my phone with my VPN set to Australia then I go into the Western Union branch, give them the transaction number and show them my ID (my passport). 

It is generally easier to send to my SO's local bank account so I do that more often.

Thanks for the reply. Did you set up your WU account while you were here in the Philippines? Or did you do that in Australia before you came? Thanks again.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, StayAtHomeDad said:

Thanks for the reply. Did you set up your WU account while you were here in the Philippines? Or did you do that in Australia before you came? Thanks again.

I set it up in Australia years ago.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I set it up in Australia years ago.

Ah. OKay. i was wondering. I wonder how hard it would be to set up an American WU account from here in the Philippines. I wonder if a VPN would work or if they would detect it and shut it down. Oh well..

• Hmm thinking 1