If you're caught disobeying the lockdown...

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OHNO said:

You guys desperately need a sense of humor. This is the last time you will see me here. lol

Thanks for tacking on that LOL.  

Please extend your sympathy and understanding to us poor shut-ins.  We are being whipsawed between unending, well-meaning and perhaps sorely needed Pandemic plague humor.... and the dire and dismal daily news permeating all the media and current youtube vids.

My sense of humor curve has indeed been hammered and flattened, like I hope all the infection rates will soon be. After trying to get out of bed this morn on the wrong side.... and smacking my head on the wall... at 3 am (not really) , I opened up my computer for a little cheerfulness, but clicked on the wrong things again... that drove me back to my blessed state of repose till the sun arose.  I should avoid writing on first impulse and usually don't. Decent writing requires timely reflection, consideration and empathy...... and it ain't a gittin' any easier in these (.... are the times that try men's souls )  days.

And now, without further or Fuher adieu, I shall humble myself...... taking my microphone in hand as my assistant places the cape on my shoulders,.... and mimic the immortal Godfather of Soul (James Brown) by singing as I drop to my knees pleading....  

"Oh ! No !, OHNO.......  Please, please...... Pleeeaaase......Don't go !  We neeed you, honey. Truuuuly we do."

LOL                  :brb_80_anim_gif:

Its time for the 4 year old bata babae who is trapped here with us, to sit on my knee at the computer and watch something we both find humorous and entertaining....... 1930's  Betty Boop cartoons.

Boop-boop-a-doop !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

In my city, those caught breaking curfew/quarantine rules were made to sit in a public area for a period of time as a punishment. I got this from my wife and details were sketchy t.b.h. - did it even happen I wonder?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Thanks for tacking on that LOL.  

Please extend your sympathy and understanding to us poor shut-ins.  We are being whipsawed between unending, well-meaning and perhaps sorely needed Pandemic plague humor.... and the dire and dismal daily news permeating all the media and current youtube vids.

My sense of humor curve has indeed been hammered and flattened, like I hope all the infection rates will soon be. After trying to get out of bed this morn on the wrong side.... and smacking my head on the wall... at 3 am (not really) , I opened up my computer for a little cheerfulness, but clicked on the wrong things again... that drove me back to my blessed state of repose till the sun arose.  I should avoid writing on first impulse and usually don't. Decent writing requires timely reflection, consideration and empathy...... and it ain't a gittin' any easier in these (.... are the times that try men's souls )  days.

And now, without further or Fuher adieu, I shall humble myself...... taking my microphone in hand as my assistant places the cape on my shoulders,.... and mimic the immortal Godfather of Soul (James Brown) by singing as I drop to my knees pleading....  

"Oh ! No !, OHNO.......  Please, please...... Pleeeaaase......Don't go !  We neeed you, honey. Truuuuly we do."

LOL                  :brb_80_anim_gif:

Its time for the 4 year old bata babae who is trapped here with us, to sit on my knee at the computer and watch something we both find humorous and entertaining....... 1930's  Betty Boop cartoons.

Boop-boop-a-doop !

I can see this lockdown is affecting some more than others! 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OHNO said:

This is the last time you will see me here. lol

Oh No!  We won't survive without you!  Please don't go.

(See, we do have a sense of humor . .  doorknob story . . you know it)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

In my city, those caught breaking curfew/quarantine rules were made to sit in a public area for a period of time as a punishment. I got this from my wife and details were sketchy t.b.h. - did it even happen I wonder?

Yes it was shown in the media along with kids locked up in a dog cage which went all around the world.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

kids locked up in a dog cage

This happened also when the Pope Visited, Must not let him see how his real poor people's kids just roam the Streets.

Off subject maybe But..........................................

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

This happened also when the Pope Visited, Must not let him see how his real poor people's kids just roam the Streets.

Off subject maybe But..........................................

They tried to cover it up by saying the police were out rounding up stray dogs and the kids were breaking curfew as well as being difficult so they transported them back in a cage on wheels towed behind a car. I dont believe they would be rounding up stray dogs at the time.

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2020/03/21/2002637/barangay-captain-faces-raps-locking-curfew-violators-dog-cage

caged.jpg 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

They never round up stray dogs here at any time.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 11:56 AM, OHNO said:

You guys desperately need a sense of humor. This is the last time you will see me here. lol

I tried to post a funny Hitler video on facebook, Hitler giving a speech with a dub over with some British guy telling everyone that they they must stay at home the sooner they do the sooner the bloody pubs will be open, I was banned for 30 days. The thing is, i had stolen it from someone else on FB, I wonder how they didn't get banned.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
On 4/4/2020 at 2:56 PM, hk blues said:

Bacolod 3/24:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic