If you're caught disobeying the lockdown...

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, scott h said:

I looked and looked at the online Phil star but could not find it. There is an article today that a man was shot by police at a check point. But he was drunk and went at the kops with a bolo...……..so, leave your bolos at home :hystery:

Yes. I read the same story. I think it was yesterdays paper though.:wave:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, scott h said:

I looked and looked at the online Phil star but could not find it. There is an article today that a man was shot by police at a check point. But he was drunk and went at the kops with a bolo...……..so, leave your bolos at home :hystery:

3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Yes. I read the same story. I think it was yesterdays paper though.:wave:

One was shot in Manila which is Scotts story and one was shot dead in Mandaue Cebu after not presenting a pass but pulled a gun instead. He then was followed home and the Police came. Then it got worse as he came out of the house with a 10 year old child as a hostage. He released the child and started shooting at police who shot him dead.

Found story

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/299967/mandaue-shootout-cops-kill-armed-man-who-took-kid-hostage 

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

No wonder why they are stopping liquor sales...

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

One was shot in Manila which is Scotts story and one was shot dead in Mandaue Cebu after not presenting a pass but pulled a gun instead. He then was followed home and the Police came. Then it got worse as he came out of the house with a 10 year old child as a hostage. He released the child and started shooting at police who shot him dead.

Found story

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/299967/mandaue-shootout-cops-kill-armed-man-who-took-kid-hostage 

Not the same instance It was a drunk guy with a bolo hitting the police car first and then going after the police with the bolo and they shot him dead.:huh:

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Heeb said:

I tried to post a funny Hitler video on facebook, Hitler giving a speech with a dub over with some British guy telling everyone that they they must stay at home the sooner they do the sooner the bloody pubs will be open, I was banned for 30 days. The thing is, i had stolen it from someone else on FB, I wonder how they didn't get banned.

Facebook and their so-called 'Community Standards', are truly hypocritical and pathetic.  

If I hadn't become so dependent upon their site myself, I'd happily see it buried. 

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Facebook and their so-called 'Community Standards', are truly hypocritical and pathetic.  

If I hadn't become so dependent upon their site myself, I'd happily see it buried. 

They must have given me a reprieve because today I’m able to post again, my sister signed me up back in 2008, and I was the one who said I never would after reading an article about Zuckerberg and it’s beginnings, and like you I have so many connections now that I can’t pull the plug.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Not the same instance It was a drunk guy with a bolo hitting the police car first and then going after the police with the bolo and they shot him dead.:huh:

I guess you didn't read my post like in the first few words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

No wonder why they are stopping liquor sales

My money is on Drug addicts who can not get their fix. I was part of the military force during the Rodney King riots in LA in '92. 

After 4 days of lock down the addicts kame out of the wood work.....boy I have some funny stories about that :hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Seems like some of you have a fairly mild lockdown with no enforcement.  You should follow the rules even if some of them may not make sense to you.

We are not allowed to walk or exercise out in our neighborhood, and it is enforced by the roving security guards.  Same for wearing masks 100% of the time.  One person out for essential errands is also enforced along with the quarantine pass.  You can not exit the neighborhood without the pass, in theory.

For the most part, the residents are behind the restrictions once they are in place.  They may argue the merits in the beginning but once in place, they support.  SBMA (Subic Bay Government) posts news in our community Facebook groups, and it is debated.  In a few instances, the rules are modified due to the feedback.  However, I would venture that we probably have the most strict rules, mainly because we have a unique situation that allows strict enforcement.  That situation is that we have a large number of private security guards who have been tasked with enforcing lockdown rules.

There is a guy living in the area who I may have mentioned before.  He is an a**hole and has almost been banned from the FB groups a few times.  Many of his posts are rants about the inability of local stores to keep beer in stock, and filled with derogatory remarks towards Filipinos.

Last night he posted a rant about going to the mall and some of the anti-virus procedures.  Rather than re-write it, I will paste it here.  You can see how the neighbors reacted to one aspect of his post.

His post

++++++++++++++

Yesterday, as we were leaving the house to go Harbor Point, I said to my gf, "Things are getting so ridiculous with over-reactions and useless steps to prevent COVID-19. They are now making you walk through disinfectant to get COVID-19 off of your shoes. Next thing you know, they will be disinfecting automobile tires, in case you ran over it on the road. Simply ridiculous measures, and a waste of money."

Sure enough, when we got to Harbor Point, wouldn't you know it? A security guard sprayed some goop on my tires! I have no idea what he was spraying, but I guarantee he did not kill a single cell of COVID-19.

I asked him if he'd mind washing the windows, because that actually would contribute to our safety. He passed...

I will be glad when this thing runs its course and the insanity stops.

I'm not minimizing the impact of the virus, but many of these so-called prevative measures are just a waste of money and effort, for the illusion of prevention. It is about as effective as cheating during a game of Solitaire.

++++++++++++

Comments

In the second screenshot, the resident tags Abe Conner, the chairwoman of SBMA.  There are more.  This is the first batch.

============

Screenshot (104)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (106)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (108)_LI.jpg

• Sad 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad to see... But there are always a few like that... It seems to be part of human nature... An air force buddy of mine  (a bomber plane crew member during WWII) told me that his drill sergeant told his crew that there is always about 10% who are out of step... Sound familiar?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic