If you're caught disobeying the lockdown...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Next thing you know, they will be disinfecting automobile tires,

He may be an A hole, and needs to work on his communication skills, but he does have a point.

Some of the above and beyond measure that are being taken by some municipalities are right out of Monty python :nudie: 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, scott h said:

He may be an A hole, and needs to work on his communication skills, but he does have a point.

Some of the above and beyond measure that are being taken by some municipalities are right out of Monty python :nudie: 

Yes, I agree, but who are we to make a big deal about it, in the current situation? 

My underlying point was, be careful, you never know who might make a complaint against you, for breaking a rule you think is stupid.  Might be a neighbor.  Other posts by neighbors were pictures of their neighbors out walking their dog, or jogging.  Both are verboten.

• Like 4

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Part of a FB post on Subic Bay FB page.......

They are now making you walk through disinfectant to get COVID-19 off of your shoes. Next thing you know, they will be disinfecting automobile tires, in case you ran over it on the road. Simply ridiculous measures, and a waste of money."

They are doing that at the entrance to our Sub-division here in CDO. They also take our temperature and sanitize hands as well. I don’t have any problem with that at all.

The amusing thing is, the two disinfectant mats we have to drive over are only about 18 inches square. They need to be at least 2 meters long to get the whole of the tyre. 
When I pointed that out to the security guards......well, you can see that thought went straight over their head......bless them!

At least they are trying. We only leave the house every week or so anyway, so no big deal.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

I haven't been out past my front gate for at least a week now, or been far enough before that to see any sort of checkpoint. 

That's how it will continue, unless some sort of emergency should arise.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, graham59 said:

I haven't been out past my front gate for at least a week now, or been far enough before that to see any sort of checkpoint. 

That's how it will continue, unless some sort of emergency should arise.  :thumbsup:

My wife has not been out in almost 3 weeks, I think.  Kids the same.  I have been out maybe 5 times to get supplies.  They are starting to bring veggies and fruits into our neighborhoods, which is nice.  We have veggies from Baguio nearby, starting in 10 minutes.  We don't need much, because we just got a delivery from the wet market a few days ago.  Eggs, chicken and veggies.  And a delivery from Fresh Options, the meat place, too.

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I guess you didn't read my post like in the first few words.

Missed it. Dang foiled again.:ohmy:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I agree, but who are we to make a big deal about it, in the current situation? 

My underlying point was, be careful, you never know who might make a complaint against you, for breaking a rule you think is stupid.  Might be a neighbor.  Other posts by neighbors were pictures of their neighbors out walking their dog, or jogging.  Both are verboten.

I didn't really see all that much in his post which was so bad, seemed like he was just venting at what he sees as pointless measures. That said, from what you say he has previous for being an A-hole so there is always the cumulative effect aspect.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

That said, from what you say he has previous for being an A-hole so there is always the cumulative effect aspect.

:wink: Oh Yes! there a few about and They know, who they are so if  the cap that Fits.jpgFits, wear it I say :smile: 

:whatever: Such is Life My Friends

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Missed it. Dang foiled again.:ohmy:

This is probably the other story.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5981419/philippines-coronavirus/

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We are not allowed to walk or exercise out in our neighborhood, and it is enforced by the roving security guards.  Same for wearing masks 100% of the time.  One person out for essential errands is also enforced along with the quarantine pass.  You can not exit the neighborhood without the pass, in theory.

When you say neighborhood security guards  enforcing rules, do they have any right to do so as they are not employed by the goverment I guess ? 

I have a pass for 4 barangays but dont need to leave my area. I go to the supermarket usually with my GF who has no pass but does not need as she working in the IT Park. I usually go out once at night to feed some cats and go to 7/11. No one asks me what I'm doing.

Our building were taking our temperature but seems slacking off now. They were spraying the hallways but have not seen them do it lately. The shoe wash thing is usually dry too. I guess they are getting lazy.

To add our building has 10 green passes which can be borrowed for 4 hours if one needs to go out of the 4  barangays for things like medical or certain reasons.

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic