Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 4, 2020)

Jack D
Posted
Posted
                                                            Seal with white background

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 4, 2020)

Event: 

International Flights:

International commercial flight options currently exist in the Philippines.  U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights in the Philippines at this time.

While the U.S. Embassy is exploring all options to address the current travel disruptions, we strongly encourage U.S. citizens to make necessary preparations if staying in the Philippines during the quarantine period. 

• The wearing of face masks is mandatory in areas placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
  • Anyone in the ECQ leaving their home is required to wear a face mask.
  • According to the IATF, face masks may be store-bought or improvised, such as a handkerchief or small towel covering the nose and mouth.
  • According to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI):
  • Temporary visitor visa holders who have stayed in the country for less than one year may secure their Emigration Clearance Certificates (ECCs) at the international airports.
  • BI will temporarily allow foreign nationals with approved and implemented visas who are awaiting release of their Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to depart the country.  In lieu of the ACR I-Card Waiver Order, travelers will need to present the following items at the airport: passport with valid visa as indicated in the implementation stamp, official receipt of the ACR I-Card Waiver Application Fee, and ECC with Returning Permit (RP) or Special Resident Certificate (SRC), whichever is applicable.  Departing foreign nationals must retain these documents as they will be required for reentry into the Philippines under their respective visa.
  • All applications for visa extension are suspended during the Enhanced Community Quarantine, except for outbound passengers.
  • Foreigners whose visas will expire during the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine will be allowed to file an extension without fines and penalties if they file their applications within 30 days from the lifting of the Enhanced Community Quarantine.
  • All outbound passengers with a visa that expired during the period of the Enhanced Community Quarantine will be waived fines and penalties when applying for the visa update before departing the Philippines.
  • The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to monitor the Philippine Bureau of Immigration's website for the most updated information. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

At this point I'm pretty much stuck here, the logistics of getting a flight out unless you live by the airport seem daunting, and our maid and two nieces who are from Laguna and staying with us would be left high and dry since they can't drive to get supplies, the nearest supermarket is about 4 kilometers walk.

Edited by Heeb
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, Heeb said:

At this point I'm pretty much stuck here, the logistics of getting a flight out unless you live by the airport seem daunting, and our maid and two nieces who are from Laguna and staying with us would be left high and dry since they can't drive to get supplies, the nearest supermarket is about 4 kilometers walk.

Has your situation improved since your post?:mellow:

Heeb
Posted
Posted

In for the long haul, good thing is my brother decided to hang tight in our house with my mom, he’s a bit of a hypochondriac ( a lot actually) he has the house cordoned off in zones...now he’s suspicious of my cats and has them on lockdown 

• Haha 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Heeb said:

In for the long haul, good thing is my brother decided to hang tight in our house with my mom, he’s a bit of a hypochondriac ( a lot actually) he has the house cordoned off in zones...now he’s suspicious of my cats and has them on lockdown 

Sometimes OCD is a good thing.:dance:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Heeb said:

Perhaps your brother could use some reading material during this difficult time.

l-12146-that-cat-looks-suspicious-as-hell.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3