Home entertainment during the Corona-O-Rama

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

We've always had our small child to keep entertained, so no shortage of downloaded movies, cartoons, etc. DVDs too.

Toys to break and then try to fix.

I'm mainly kept busy doing DIY on my new 'man cave' room...having now finished knocking a wall through to it from the kitchen (so I can at least come and go to the CR without going outside in the rain !) ...and tidied up and boxed in the 'hole'. 

I also have two Xboxes, with games,  and internet access through them also, for YouTube , etc, on the big screen. 

They are also conected by wifi to my laptop and phones, for streaming stuff or file access. 

Got to love modern gadgets, eh. 

The Mrs takes care of the garden, plus all the other normal 'housewife' stuff. 

If you like the TV show Survivor..download and watch Survivor AU. Season 7. Much better than the American version.:cheers:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I asked my 14 year old son a couple days ago if he preferred the school or no school option if he had a choice. He picked school. We've got a dart board, basketball hoop, and play chess once in awhile, but he misses his friends coming over. I feel bad for him but he's taking it pretty good considering. :mellow:   

It cannot be easy for a kid here in this very social society.. I feel for your boy...And having to be around you too all day??? (Just kidding... you knew I would throw that in sometime!!!:hystery:)

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

If you like the TV show Survivor..download and watch Survivor AU. Season 7. Much better than the American version.:cheers:

You mean they have sexier girls wearing even skimpier bikinis?

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, intrepid said:

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm retired.  With a 14 year old in school and a wife who doesn't like driving in the traffic.  I'm the full time driver.  Going to bed early(10PM)  and getting up early (5AM)is the norm.  Mid morning nap and afternoon nap before going back to the school for pick up and getting home between 530-630.  Now I can stay up and sleep in as long as I want.

Same for me!  No more driver duties for 4 ladies!  We have all been staying up late and getting up late.

I just came in from an hour on the weed wacker.  I really need a lawn mower.  Weed wacker is ok for a lawn guy to use, but not when I have to do it.  It does not fit me well and my back starts hurting right away.  I finished about 1/4 of what needs to be done.  More tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, intrepid said:

No. The coach is a male.  But he will cancel a practice if at least one adult female or mother is not present. 

If I had a 14 year-old daughter, no way would a male coach be reviewing her individual 'exercise' videos. 

Don't care how wonderful he is.  Sorry. No offence intended.  :thumbsup: 

• Hmm thinking 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

For a bit of evening entertainment....

This year I am slowly working my way through 5 seasons (1957-1963)  of "Have Gun -  Will Travel" w/ Richard Boone.  Simpler times when right was right and wrong was wrong.  The youtube channel of 'will travel, have gun'  has the five seasons in order on a sidebar.

Two or three years ago I focused on the 1962-1973 Japanese TV series of "Zatoichi - the Blind Swordsman" set in the late Edo Period of 1830s-1840s.  They also made several movies with this character.

Last year I focused on the Japanese, "Lone Wolf and Cub"  films..... about a wandering assassin and his orphaned child.

It passes the time.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

For a bit of evening entertainment....

This year I am slowly working my way through 5 seasons (1957-1963)  of "Have Gun -  Will Travel" w/ Richard Boone.  Simpler times when right was right and wrong was wrong.  The youtube channel of 'will travel, have gun'  has the five seasons in order on a sidebar.

Two or three years ago I focused on the 1962-1973 Japanese TV series of "Zatoichi - the Blind Swordsman" set in the late Edo Period of 1830s-1840s.  They also made several movies with this character.

Last year I focused on the Japanese, "Lone Wolf and Cub"  films..... about a wandering assassin and his orphaned child.

It passes the time.

I'm a big Western fan but for some reason, Have Gun - Will Travel is one I never watched.  I just looked here and it sounds interesting!  I will see if I can find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_Gun_–_Will_Travel

I'm trying to watch Westworld for the second time, but it doesn't bite well with me.  I'll give it a few more episodes.  I think I am on S1E6.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Same for me!  No more driver duties for 4 ladies!  We have all been staying up late and getting up late.

I just came in from an hour on the weed wacker.  I really need a lawn mower.  Weed wacker is ok for a lawn guy to use, but not when I have to do it.  It does not fit me well and my back starts hurting right away.  I finished about 1/4 of what needs to be done.  More tomorrow!

Got a shoulder strap to hang it from? That makes the job much easier.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic